Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Dear Rick Snyder,

Dear Rick, to be continued later.
    Last edited by 1KielsonDrive; April-30-11 at 03:45 PM.

The anticipation! Oh boy!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by ASR89; April-30-11 at 04:03 PM.

How come he gets to be 'Dear Rick' and not 'NO!Rick'?

Quote Originally Posted by ljbad89 View Post
    The anticipation! Oh boy!
    A great laugh. Thank you. I actually started the post, was interrupted by something very important and had to leave in a hurry. I clicked post by accident and couldn't figure out how to cancel it. So I left you all hanging on my last words. Sorry. Too late now to finish. Will do later while all of you are loading up to shoot me down. Ha, ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    How come he gets to be 'Dear Rick' and not 'NO!Rick'?
    Basically, it will be NO!Rick. Just another of my patented, long, drawn out rants. Just preparing you.

I thought we were supposed to contribute. I'd say

I'm all for shared sacrifice, but that should mean everybody including businesses in proportion to anyone's ability to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    I thought we were supposed to contribute. I'd say

I'm all for shared sacrifice, but that should mean everybody including businesses in proportion to anyone's ability to pay.
    As a small business owner for most of my life, and from a family of small business owners, I agree with your statement. The problem with these right wing nutcase plans are that they continually say 'small business', when they really mean 'big business'. I don't need a huge tax decrease on the back of citizens, their public safety and education. I need big corporations and government agencies to treat me fairly and squarely and give me a chance to compete and thrive. Entities like DTE and Comcast are monopolies and have inordinate amount of negative effect on me and my business. Then you have the IRS. Wow, they are really f*+#%d up. You have very little recourse with them. And if you screw up just once they have the ability to put you out of business. They never get away with that when dealing with large corporations. Too much money and too many lawyers.
    Last edited by 1KielsonDrive; May-02-11 at 12:26 AM.

That's true 1KD. I used to think I owned a small business and might be able to profit in some way with tax breaks for small businesses. Not so. I'd have to hire about 100 employees just to qualify for small business breaks. Now I just watch the news, waiting for that headline, Tax Breaks Coming For Tiny, Miniscule, Insignificant, Impoverished Businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    As a small business owner for most of my life, and from a family of small business owners, I agree with your statement. The problem with these right wing nutcase plans are that they continually say 'small business', when they really mean 'big business'. I don't need a huge tax decrease on the back of citizens, their public safety and education. I need big corporations and government agencies to treat me fairly and squarely and give me a chance to compete and thrive. Entities like DTE and Comcast are monopolies and have inordinate amount of negative effect on me and my business. Then you have the IRS. Wow, they are really f*+#%d up. You have very little recourse with them. And if you screw up just once they have the ability to put you out of business. They never get away with that when dealing with large corporations. Too much money and too many lawyers.
    Small businesses are the backbone of this nation. I have the greatest respect for the small business person who is honest and decent.

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    As a small business owner for most of my life, and from a family of small business owners, I agree with your statement. The problem with these right wing nutcase plans are that they continually say 'small business', when they really mean 'big business'. I don't need a huge tax decrease on the back of citizens, their public safety and education. I need big corporations and government agencies to treat me fairly and squarely and give me a chance to compete and thrive. Entities like DTE and Comcast are monopolies and have inordinate amount of negative effect on me and my business.
    Good point.

In places such as the European Union small business is defined as 50 or fewer workers, in Australia its 15 or fewer in the US many sectors companies with up to 500, 1,000 or 1,500 workers are considered small business. In the EU having 250 workers is the upper limit for a medium-size business.

So when the Repubs start talking about small business growth and expansion their perception of small business and main street's perception of small business are many times very different.

While you're fixing gov., Guv., why not get the lege to require that all of them reveal the sources of their income. They look less corrupt when they are cutting business taxes.

http://news.michiganradio.org/post/s...-taxes?nopop=1

"...Michigan is one of only three states in the nation which do not require some kind of financial disclosure from legislators. The other two states are Vermont and Idaho..."

I love all of the Snyder haters. Where were you when Granholm was in office?

Quote Originally Posted by jerrytimes View Post
    Nobody complained while Granholm was in office? Must of been nice to be her then.

I'm an equal-opportunity politician hater, just in case you haven't been paying attention to my rantings and ravings about demicans and republicrats. Bad politicians come in all stripes. Unfortunately, most all are bad nowadays, as evidenced by Maxx's post 11.

You sure haven't been paying attention. Granholm was much disliked by both sides of the aisle. And you see what she did as soon as she left office? She moved to Berkelely CA and got a big-time academic, think-tank job. What in the hell have you heard me ranting about for months, if not years? Politicians who rule our lives and talk about 'feeling our frustration' and 'knowing our anguish', etc, etc, BS, ad infinitum. Then they go off to acadamia, think-tanks, consultancies and lobbyists jobs. They chop everything for us and they never have to worry about lucrative jobs and benefits.

Here is what I would....have actually sent him and email over. If we are to share in the pain of your so called sharing of the pain by doing all the things you are either have or are going to do. Then why haven't you changed our legislature to a part time one....we are only 1 of 4 states to have full time legislatures, with the most staff, getting paid the most, yet have the worst economy of any state?
    I do not think this is about share sacrifice, but a power grab.....
    And for anyone that is going to say did you write Granholm....Yes I did and my legislator.....
    Here is what I would....have actually sent him and email over. If we are to share in the pain of your so called sharing of the pain by doing all the things you are either have or are going to do. Then why haven't you changed our legislature to a part time one....we are only 1 of 4 states to have full time legislatures, with the most staff, getting paid the most, yet have the worst economy of any state?

http://www.ncsl.org/?tabid=16701

Yes in Nov 2010 the changed the benefits to less than before, but now you need to make them part time. Since they are only in Lansing from Mon-Wed.....

I do not think this is about share sacrifice, but a power grab.....
    And for anyone that is going to say did you write Granholm....Yes I did and my legislator.....

http://metrotimes.com/columns/true-c...sing-1.1144761

"...They [Mi lege] voted to forbid the state from issuing guidelines more protective of the environment than those issued by the federal government. State Sen. Mike Kowall, [[R-White Lake Township) pretended that this was so the Legislature could protect nature.
    This was, of course, bullshit. Rick Snyder is thought to be the most environmentally friendly governor since Bill Milliken in the 1970s. It was Milliken, in fact, who helped save Lake Erie by banning phosphate-laden detergents when the Legislature refused to act.
    If the House goes along with the Senate, no governor could take action like that again. The business interests who own so many of these legislators fear Snyder, too, might put life ahead of profits. So if you thought the current crop of Republican lawmakers lacks a malevolent social agenda, welcome to the real world. The question now, however: What is Rick Snyder?..."

What is Rick Snyder?..."

A '' numbnutt '' since you asked lol