Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default No parking for residents during Cinco de Mayo??

Came home this evening from work to see that someone [[the City, I assume) has plastered signs all up and down Scotten saying no parking on the street from 8am to 4pm on Sunday for Cinco de Mayo. I can understand this for the stretch between Vernor and the freeway, but north of Vernor? Last I checked this block was not involved in the event in any way; they just block off the street at Vernor and that's about it.

I know CdM is hectic, and I just plan to not leave the house on that Sunday to avoid getting caught in the mess...but I've *never* had them tell me I have to move my car. I don't know where I'd even move it TO, with everything closed off around here that day. At least when they do this for street cleaning I can just go into work early. But my office is closed Sundays, and at 8am there aren't even movies open to go sleep through.

Grrr. Why do I feel like this was someone's bright idea to generate ticket revenue?

When I last lived there, Clark Park was having increasing problems with rowdies parking, gathering, drinking, playing loud music, etc.

This situation seemed to mushroom during Chingo de Pendejos, er, Cinco de Mayo...

Sounds like both a revenue generating operation and a tactic to reduce rowdy hoards of idiots at Clark Park.

So take the signs down.

DPD Bomb Squad installed at Vernor/scotten at 3 this afternoon. Canine unit searching cars at Vernor/ Clark. Overt & covert Gang Squad. Obviously ICE is there. Police helicopter overhead now. Nice party!

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    DPD Bomb Squad installed at Vernor/scotten at 3 this afternoon. Canine unit searching cars at Vernor/ Clark. Overt & covert Gang Squad. Obviously ICE is there. Police helicopter overhead now. Nice party!
    Sounds like a job for Robocop!