Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Best breakfast joints in metro Detroit?

What are your favorite Metro Detroit breakfast joints?

The Motown Cafe and Grill in the Cadillac Square Apts building. Great breakfast, great food.

Really love any Original Pancake House, or Breakfast Club in Farm Hills, or TOAST in Ferndale....
    None of which I go to anymore because I live downtown.

But Cliff Bells has a really good brunch and the food is top notch.

Original Pancake House. Country Boy on Nine Mile in Hazel Park.

I agree with the people who said Original Pancake House.

The Coney Island is good too. That's where you have to go to get the best portions.

I like Original Pancake. They do everything well except for omlettes.

I did not know Cliff Bell's does brunch. Sounds like a good option downtown.

Russell St. Deli in Eastern Market has an excellent breakfast.

Chocolate Gallery in Warren [[Chicago & Ryan)

TOAST in Ferndale or Birmingham

Breakfast Club - all over [[Madison Heights, Brighton, etc...)

Athenium in Saint Claire Shores [[Harper & 9)

The Clique - East Jefferson at Rivard

Steak Hut - W. Lafayette at 10th

Russel Street Deli - Russel at Winder

Farmer's Restaurant - Market at Adelaide

Bronx Bar [[12pm-3pm on Sat & Sun only) - Second at Prentis - Best hangover breakfast ever

Quote Originally Posted by Gsgeorge View Post
    The Clique - East Jefferson at Rivard

Steak Hut - W. Lafayette at 10th

Russel Street Deli - Russel at Winder

Farmer's Restaurant - Market at Adelaide

Bronx Bar [[12pm-3pm on Sat & Sun only) - Second at Prentis - Best hangover breakfast ever
    Doesn't Bronx also have a bloody mary bar for brunch?

Don't know how I forgot....Butcher's Inn on Winder in E. Mkt.

Great chicken and waffles....and bottomless bloody marys and mimosas.

Only open Sat.

I have to agree with Bham1982 about The Original Pancake House not doing Omlettes very well... last time I was very disappointed in the Western Omlette I had... Chez Robert on Harper at 10 1/2 Mile [[SCS) does a great Omlette.

Also haven't had breakfast at Athenium [[9 & Harper in SCS)... but their chicken kabobs are super...

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Also haven't had breakfast at Athenium [[9 & Harper in SCS)... but their chicken kabobs are super...
    Breakfast is pretty good, for a hole-in-the wall coney island/greasy spoon type place. However, it's *cheap* Most breakfast specials are well under $5 and come with everything.

I second the Clique on Jefferson. I dig Duly's down on Vernor too. In the south end of Dbn Hts I like Mykonos Coney Island.

Toast in Ferndale is popular, but I prefer the Breakfast Club in Mad. Hts.

I like The Ham Shop in greektown is a good place to eat with reasonable prices. They are now serving Waffles and Steak or chicken. Zefs on Woodward is my second choice. Tim Hortons in the Compuware Building is good for coffee eventhough I feel that the owner doesnt use good business sense at times. He put up a new flat screen TV but the only channel he wants to show is ESPN for he was a professional football player. Don't ask to watch CNN or other news channels for they have strict orders from him to leave it on ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I like The Ham Shop in greektown is a good place to eat with reasonable prices. They are now serving Waffles and Steak or chicken. Zefs on Woodward is my second choice. Tim Hortons in the Compuware Building is good for coffee eventhough I feel that the owner doesnt use good business sense at times. He put up a new flat screen TV but the only channel he wants to show is ESPN for he was a professional football player. Don't ask to watch CNN or other news channels for they have strict orders from him to leave it on ESPN
    ESPN in a coffe/donut shop? Something is not right about that.

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Doesn't Bronx also have a bloody mary bar for brunch?
    Yes, make-your-own bloody marys. Try the omelette it is excellent, they use fresh veggies & the bacon is mouth-watering. Also good toast... The original bakery that was making the toast had a fire, so they found a place to replicate the recipe. It is a little thicker but the same taste.

Default Best Breakfast Joint - The Turkey Grill

The Turkey Grill has the best breakfast specials. $1.99 for Turkey sausage and hash browns and toast.

http://www.turkeygrilldetroit.com/menu.php

Located at 8290 Woodward Ave in Detroit.

We need some "Waffle House's" here in Michigan. Why don't we have any?? They are great

I agree, Anytime I go south that's the first place I visit.

Sadly the great breakfast places I enjoyed in Detroit are now of the late variety.

Red Hots on Victor & Woodward in HP.
    Great food, amazing atmosphere, same family for decades, purports to be the oldest Coney Island in the City of HP and Detroit. The owner, Rich, is a trove of story spinning and entertainment. Do yourself a favor, seriously.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Red-Ho...11765478873114

Quote Originally Posted by jgavrile View Post
    We need some "Waffle House's" here in Michigan. Why don't we have any?? They are great
    Really? Waffle Houses and Huddle Houses are nasty. I never stop at one when I'm in the south. I went to one once when I lived in Fort Lauderdale...never again...Total white trash alert. Same for Shoney's..SICK!

Quote Originally Posted by Planner3357 View Post
    Really? Waffle Houses and Huddle Houses are nasty. I never stop at one when I'm in the south. I went to one once when I lived in Fort Lauderdale...never again...Total white trash alert. Same for Shoney's..SICK!
    They're a lot worse in the south. A lot of restaurants are dirtier down there than their northern versions. I've noticed the same thing with large grocery chains too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast