Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why the Jews?

littlebuddy Guest

Default Why the Jews?

Why do so many countries,churches,religions,people hate the Jews and Israel? What is the rational behind all this hatred? What is the root of all this hated?

A lot of it is the myth that they killed Jesus. Jews have always been the outlanders with their own "mysterious" books written in Hebrew, often their own spoken language, their own culture. Their laws prohibited them from intermarriage which in the past has brought peace between peoples. They also engaged in usury, considered sinful, though necessary, by christians before the modern age.

littlebuddy Guest

But why do leaders of countries and religions hate Israel still. I could understand less informed people,etc, but the people at the top seem to lead in this.

I did a paper on this once a long time ago and came up with a list of reasons. One prominent reason is that Christians and Muslims were in many places not allowed to lend money. Turkey, England, and Spain, at one time or another, invited in Jews to perform that useful function since Christians and Muslims were limited in doing so because of their religions. One side result was that Jewish people in such financial trade often became wealthy and therefore resented. When the rulers needed some money, it was easy enough to blame Jews for accumulating more than their share of money and seize their money for the common good. The Jews were viewed as separate and outsiders so the majority didn't complain.

Why do the Jews and Israel hate so many countries, churches, religions, people ? What is the rational behind all this hatred?

Quote Originally Posted by littlebuddy View Post
    Why do so many countries,churches,religions,people hate the Jews and Israel? What is the rational behind all this hatred? What is the root of all this hated?
    It's possible to have distrust and disdain for Israel, without having the same for the Jewish people in general [[Although Israel and it's supporters act as if the two are mutually exclusive).

littlebuddy Guest

With all the BS that lots of countries do, why do so many single out Israel and Jewish people, as thought they were the cause of all the problems in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    I did a paper on this once a long time ago and came up with a list of reasons. One prominent reason is that Christians and Muslims were in many places not allowed to lend money. Turkey, England, and Spain, at one time or another, invited in Jews to perform that useful function since Christians and Muslims were limited in doing so because of their religions. One side result was that Jewish people in such financial trade often became wealthy and therefore resented. When the rulers needed some money, it was easy enough to blame Jews for accumulating more than their share of money and seize their money for the common good. The Jews were viewed as separate and outsiders so the majority didn't complain.
    Correct... the usury laws of the medieval church forbade not the lending of money... but they forbade getting "interest" on their loans. Many medieval rulers borrowed a lot of money from the Jewish moneylenders.... sometimes to the point where they couldn't pay it back... and then it was usually time for a Pogrom... and the Jews were driven from their homes.

During the Black Death [[plague) of the 1347-51 era, where 1/3 of the population of Europe died of the plague... people were trying hard to figure out why God was mad at them... their main scapegoat was the Jews... there were many Jews killed and exiled during that tumultuous period. Eventually the Jews were driven eastward into what is today Poland, Belarus and Russia... where the lands were poorer, and therefore the monied Jews more welcome.

Also Littlebuddy... you certainly do have a fixation for the Jews.... why not the Armenians, the Chaldean or Coptic Christians or other oppressed minorities.... you've posted over 1/2 threads all with a JDL type of militant attitude towards the Jews....

Actually, this is classic "begging the question."

Propose a statement [["So many people hate the Jews and Israel") and then ask why.

What is happening here is we are conflating two very different things: The Jews [[religiously? ethnically? culturally?) and the state of Israel.

Littlebuddy, our ardent defender of Israel, would have us believe that these are the same thing.

To hate the Jewish people is to be an anti-Semite.

To hate the government of Israel? That's a rational and understandable sentiment.

Of course, to understand that sentiment, one would have to take a good, unbiased look at the state of Israel and its actions. Good luck with that.

If Americans hate Israel then we sure have a strange way of showing it, since Israel receives far more financial and military support from the U.S. than we give to any other country on earth.

Why do so many Israeli and Jewish people look at the rest of the peoples and countries as though they were the cause of all the problems in the world.

Why do so many Israeli and Jewish people think that their way is the only way and that the rest of the world's population exists to serve them?

lilpup Guest

A couple of weeks ago I saw some newsreels that were from Vichy France. The one blatant anti-Jew reel directly equated Jews with the inequities of capitalism - actually using the word capitalism.

With all the BS that lots of countries do, why do so many single out Israel and Jewish people, as thought they were the cause of all the problems in the world.
    What countries or leaders are you referring to? If you're talking about Arab countries or the Palestinians, they consider the taking of Arab land for the formation of the Jewish state to be unconscionable.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Actually, this is classic "begging the question."

Propose a statement [["So many people hate the Jews and Israel") and then ask why.

What is happening here is we are conflating two very different things: The Jews [[religiously? ethnically? culturally?) and the state of Israel.

Littlebuddy, our ardent defender of Israel, would have us believe that these are the same thing.

To hate the Jewish people is to be an anti-Semite.

To hate the government of Israel? That's a rational and understandable sentiment.

Of course, to understand that sentiment, one would have to take a good, unbiased look at the state of Israel and its actions. Good luck with that.
    If a majority of Israelis opposed the policies of Netanyahu why does he keep getting elected?
    I think most U.S. Jews are conflicted about Israel. They like the idea of a Jewish state, but there are Israeli policies they don't agree with. Is there a prominent Jewish writer critical of Israel today?

lilpup Guest

There are critics of Israel IN Israel - you can see it in the newspapers. Criticism outside of Israel isn't allowed thanks to ADL and other knee-jerk people and groups.

Honestly, those who are so quick to scream anti-semitism are doing more harm than good because they totally offend people who posit legitimate observations and criticisms.

No point explaining the difference between anti-Semitism and anti-Israel to little B.

Here's a wonderful group who lives the difference
    http://jewishvoiceforpeace.org/content/detroit

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Why do the Jews and Israel hate so many countries, churches, religions, people ? What is the rational behind all this hatred?
    Hatred of the jews was dogma for the catholic church for centuries. hell, it was only recently that the pope declared that the jews didn't kill jesus.

hatred of israel is a different matter. If you understood anything about how the israelis [[and not just the government) have treated the palestinians you wouldn't have to ask that question

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Hatred of the jews was dogma for the catholic church for centuries. hell, it was only recently that the pope declared that the jews didn't kill jesus.

hatred of israel is a different matter. If you understood anything about how the israelis [[and not just the government) have treated the palestinians you wouldn't have to ask that question
    I think the anti-Jew versus anti-Israel point that people are making could be paralleled by an anti-Catholic versus anti-Vatican point also.

No group hates the Jewish people [[unless you are a racist or Klan type group).. it is not the people but polices.. if you are referring to critical analysis of the policies of Israel.. then maybe you might be one tenth correct.. what a baiting question? I think modern Churches have been more critcial of Israel.[[ and some simple minded people equate that to hating Jewish people) and people can seperate the two.. Policies of a political mind [[SHAS, AIPAC and Likud) to the hard work and dedication to peace form Jewish Voice for Justice, Peace NOw, Jstreet, Btselem etc.

You see little buddy the world is not all or nothing.. if you are critical of Israel [[that doesnt mean you want it destroyed-just fair an dbalanced) you are actually helping preserve it's Jewish Traditions of Justice and fairness.. read Rabbi Michael Learners Magine Tikkun Olam .. and you will find the main reason to love the Jewish culture and the people of Israe that seek a peace..

As far as hating Jews here in America ...well that is reserved fro bigots and narrow minded people.. as well as thos ewho generalize and hate Muslims .. same groups
    Last edited by gibran; April-28-11 at 10:01 AM.

why do you single out Muslims for all teh woes in the world..same BS that a lot of people do.. see how that works.. Jews are not the cause of "all" the world problems aas you put words in the mouths of many.. Oppression and hate is tha cause of all world problems though... and as long as there are oppressive policies whether in Bharain or Israel there will be people crying for justice...

If you want to help join groups just like BtSelem or Jewish voices for Justice.. if you favor one group so much work for peace and reconcilliation.. not justification of oppression... we know radical Islamists are dangerous ..so take out the roots of radicalism [[while you cant change ideologs-you can change nationalists) oppression.

littlebuddy Guest

I never said that Muslims were the cause of all the problems in the world, nor do I think that. My point is that no matter what Israel does, big or small, good or bad, real or not, the U.N., countries, churches, religions, etc seem to jump on the bandwagon of condemning Israel or finding fault. But when other countries do the same, most of the time you hardly hear a thing. The Jewish people and nation of Israel have few friends in this world and I wonder if even they can be trusted to be with Israel in their time of need. I have never thought that Jews or the nation of Israel were perfect and always did right, but so many times they seem to bend over backward and try to do the right things no matter how they are treated and it doesn't seem to matter to the rest of the world. My question was why are the Jewish people and Israel so hated by most everyone. Is it a spiritual thing? It seems to be more than just politics.

My point is that no matter what Israel does, big or small, good or bad, real or not, the U.N., countries, churches, religions, etc seem to jump on the bandwagon of condemning Israel or finding fault. But when other countries do the same, most of the time you hardly hear a thing.
    HELLO!!!... are you even paying attention to the condemnation that has and IS taking place in Tunisia, Egypt, Yemen, Bahrain, Libya and Syria.... by world governments, the UN, and people everywhere....

Or have you been in a coma for the last 4 months??

Seems like everyone else is paying attention to the turmoil and slaughter in the rest of the Middle East.... and you're channeling your worry and fretting over the public relations of Israel..... which is quiet and uneventful right now....

What is wrong with this picture??

You're doing a mighty fine job of being totally insensitive to the plight of the Arabs in the rest of the Middle East and North Africa right now...... a mighty fine job!....
    Last edited by Gistok; April-28-11 at 12:52 PM.

I never said that Muslims were the cause of all the problems in the world, nor do I think that.
    You could have fooled me. You often call Islam a false religion, do you believe the same about the Jewish faith?

The Jewish people and nation of Israel have few friends in this world and I wonder if even they can be trusted to be with Israel in their time of need.
    Last time I checked, the U.S. and much of Europe send billions of aid there way every year, that certainly doesn't sound like they have few friends. Also, I seem to recall the coalition, lead by the U.S. and Britain protecting Israel from Saddam's Scud missiles during Desert Storm.

My question was why are the Jewish people and Israel so hated by most everyone. Is it a spiritual thing? It seems to be more than just politics.
    Who is most everyone? Like I said, there certainly is no country in North or South America that has a deep hatred, and neither is their much hatred from most, if not all European Countries. You seem to be distorting the facts to suit your agenda.

GUSHI Guest

I think the Jews don't have that much to worry about, they pretty much run this country. How many senators are Jewish, the heads of most major companies and broadcasting/tv stations are Jewish. The head of the major banks are Jewish. I'm more concerned about Christians in the mid-east personally, than the Jews in the middle-east.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast