Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default monthly costume parties?

since at least last Halloween my sister had went to a costume party every month. She has made it a personal challange to keep this going. May is the first month she is having trouble finding some type of event that encourages costume. Theme is not as important as an enthusiastic group of people. She did go to Le Nain Rouge and had a very good time and was pleased how the event seems to have really taken hold and the good spirtis of its atendees. She also went to "Santarchy" and the recent easter version. There was a costume road rally this year already too.

Anyway, anyone know of other Detroit costume events? Offbeat is cool, especially on the slow months.... thanks

I only ask as she is stuck for may and she said she really enjoys people pulling together in these tough times and have some silly fun.

You could wear a costume to City Club or Temple Bar, something like that.

Ye Olde Tap Room on Charlevoix near Alter does a costume Party on May 10th.

Themed: Prohibition ends: Detroit Drinks, May 10th, 1933

Prizes for best costume. No cover if in costume. $10 gets you a cup and free refills of beer all night. Call to confirm that that's how it is this year. Good fun

One other thought if she has a pet, West Park market in GPP [[Saturdays) has animal costume events once a month and owners frequently dress up in complimentary costume too. Check the West Park web site for details.

I have an open air stall selling herbs and the creativity of these owner/pet costumes is amazing.

I really like 2 of those suggestions , .... Thanks sumas, and yes she does have a yorkie that loves to hit the town.

Wait.

Do you mean to tell me that there are times when one shouldn't wear a costume?!

Rats.

Why am I always the last to know?

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Ye Olde Tap Room on Charlevoix near Alter does a costume Party on May 10th.

Themed: Prohibition ends: Detroit Drinks, May 10th, 1933

Prizes for best costume. No cover if in costume. $10 gets you a cup and free refills of beer all night. Call to confirm that that's how it is this year. Good fun
    The party is on Saturday May 7th this year. 5 cent beers.