Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Birmingham halts Transit Center Plans with Troy

I wonder what this will affect as far as getting more rail systems going in the region.. wonder why Birmingham opted out.. was it just a money thing?

I discussed it on another thread, but some of the Birmingham opposition questioned the location and logic behind such an intermodal center.

As a local resident, I have issues with the location near quiet residential streets, and questions surrounding the demand for bus-to-Amtrak, or really why this benefits anyone.

The discussion of Birmingham, the Amtrak Station, SMART bus operations, and the proposed intermodal transit center which Bham1982 referred to can be found here for those who want to follow along/read up:

http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...ght-rail/page4

I wish they would've punched that tunnel through for more or less selfish reasons, then it would become an easy walk over to Kroger from the "Rail District"