Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Packard Proving Grounds - 2011 Spring Open House

Just a quick reminder that the Packard Proving Ground is staging their Spring Open House next Sunday, May 1st.

Admittance is FREE, but we appreciate donations

The Johnny Trudell's Big Band will be playing hits from the pre-war era.

Bake Sale

Raffles

Improved food concession

Special Display parking for ANY collector car

Gates open up at 1:00

Name:  2011 Spring at the PPG.jpg
Views: 1031
Size:  64.0 KB

My family and I will be there....hope it wont rain...

Hello ja!mz:

I appreciate the bump as a reminder to everyone.

Yes, it would be nice if the rain stayed away, but we are making contingency plans to have a lot of displays indoors.

The Johnny Trudell Band will be in the Repair Garage where they always been - Johnny says the acoustics are great and that makes them the ultimate "garage band."

Miss America X raceboat will be inside the Engineering Building

Food concession will also be inside the Engineering Building and Nitsche's Meat and Deli will be serving freshly grilled hot dogs and Polish sausage along with pop, chips water and hot coffee.

i will be working with Nitsche's folks throughout the day.

Drop by and say hello

This is the last reminder for our event on this Sunday, May 1.

The weather report is looking better as each day passes.

Forecast high is 68 degrees

Hope to see you there.

I'd like to get up there to see the place, Havn't been there in about 25 yrs.

Theres a free tour of the house on the grounds that gives you a lot of great info on the historic value of the house and property, I highly recommend it....

We had a great time, donated some bucks, saw some great cars. The kids liked the pony rides and the all the other animals, they also got to go to the top of the timing tower and had their picture taken by the photographer for the local Packard magazine. I will have to become a subscriber.

Hello ja!mz:

Glad you and your kids had a good time - we will do this again at the Fall Open House on Sunday, October 16.

If you are interested in becoming a member of the regional Packard Club, then you can find an application here: http://www.motorcitypackards.com/fil...er/MCP_App.PDF

You do not have to own a Packard to join the club, just have an interest in preserving the heritage of the Packard Motor Car Company, the automobiles and the people that worked there.

Currently we have over 200 family members and we are always looking to expand.