Hi everyone.

We are in preproduction of a documentary and accompanying website highlighting Detroit project starters. Here is the premise for the untitled film:

"A full length documentary exploring often influential and always interesting endeavors that make living in today's cities worthwhile. With an emphasis on the underdog city of Detroit, Michigan, we'll meet some of the captains at the helm of creative problem solving. These are makers, doers, thinkers, and neighbors.

The goal of this documentary is not just to pay due respect to these folks, but to encourage the viewer to act on their own ideas with this firsthand information."

The loose requirements:

-Metro Detroit resident
-Civic or creative community response project [[no art, unless functional/purposeful)
-Project must be active

Basically, the idea is to encourage the viewer to go out and start that something that's been brewing in their head. I know too many people who have the "if only someone did..." mentality [[myself included). By having a documentary and resources readily available, this film aims to be the kick in the butt a dreamer may need in order to bring an idea to fruition.

These are the inspiring folks who saw a need and decided to be the ones to fill the void:

Emily Doerr - Hostel Detroit
Mark Covington [[Cub) - Georgia Street Community Collective
Tom Nardone - Mower Gang
John George - Motor City Blight Busters

I know Mark [[Cub) is on this forum, perhaps others as well. No one has been contacted yet, but will be soon.

I'm looking for suggestions for other potential interviewees.

Thanks,

Peter