Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default DPS' Bobb expects replacement soon

BY CHRIS CHRISTOFF

DETROIT FREE PRESS LANSING BUREAU CHIE

LANSING – Robert Bobb, emergency manager for Detroit Public Schools, said today he expects soon to be replaced by Gov. Rick Snyder.

Bobb indicated he’s not being considered for reappointment, though he’s said he would consider staying if asked.

“I think they are vetting candidates now, so someone will probably come in and replace me shortly,” Bobb said.

Snyder declined to say whether Bobb is out of the running.

“I don’t take anyone out of the running, we’re still in an open process,” Snyder said. “I’m still working through that process, nothing’s imminent.”

Continued at: http://www.freep.com/article/20110419/NEWS01/110419054/DPS-Bobb-expects-replacement-soon?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Thank God.

Bobb was Jennies appointment - a Dem. Snyder may want to set the new tone or shall we see continuation with his own pick.
    Quote Originally Posted by begingri View Post
    BY CHRIS CHRISTOFF

DETROIT FREE PRESS LANSING BUREAU CHIE

LANSING – Robert Bobb, emergency manager for Detroit Public Schools, said today he expects soon to be replaced by Gov. Rick Snyder.

Bobb indicated he’s not being considered for reappointment, though he’s said he would consider staying if asked.

“I think they are vetting candidates now, so someone will probably come in and replace me shortly,” Bobb said.

Snyder declined to say whether Bobb is out of the running.

“I don’t take anyone out of the running, we’re still in an open process,” Snyder said. “I’m still working through that process, nothing’s imminent.”

Continued at: http://www.freep.com/article/20110419/NEWS01/110419054/DPS-Bobb-expects-replacement-soon?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Bobb was Jennies appointment - a Dem. Snyder may want to set the new tone or shall we see continuation with his own pick.
    Haven't you heard? Repubs like Finley and Patterson have a man-crush on Bobb. Bobb is going to press because he wants to stay for two reasons.

1) $425,000 which $175,000 of that is paid by outside groups
    2) dictatorial powers given to him by the legislature and governor

Why leave when you are getting paid to be a dictator?

I hear that!
    Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    Haven't you heard? Repubs like Finley and Patterson have a man-crush on Bobb. Bobb is going to press because he wants to stay for two reasons.

1) $425,000 which $175,000 of that is paid by outside groups
    2) dictatorial powers given to him by the legislature and governor

Why leave when you are getting paid to be a dictator?