Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Restaurant hookup!!!!!!!!!!!

Tropical Hutt Lounge on Livernois. The owner rents the kitchen out to a great cook. Ribeye steak dinner comes with two sides. I had a huge salad and a very generous portion french fries with a choice cut, nice sized steak [[16oz.) at least for only ten bucks. Grilled chicken salad was on the menu for $7.

yum yum

Livernois and what?

Livernois, second block south of Fenkell, west side of the street.

i gotta catch that place... here's to the REAL detroit restaurants taking over the chains!!!

That area is so damn dangerous, that you would be lucky to make it out alive. If you do, make sure you have no money on you. That is drug dealers territory, so the crackheads flock around like roaches.

Huhnscheiße!

The security around the place is top notch exdetroiter. I don't blame you for thinking that way, but at the same time Ive been visiting the spot for over five years and have never had a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by exdetroiter View Post
    That area is so damn dangerous, that you would be lucky to make it out alive. If you do, make sure you have no money on you. That is drug dealers territory, so the crackheads flock around like roaches.
    Man... That is almost a verbatim monologue that I get from most of my coworkers regarding my neighborhood [[Jefferson / Mt. Elliot)!

Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by terryh View Post
    The security around the place is top notch exdetroiter. I don't blame you for thinking that way, but at the same time Ive been visiting the spot for over five years and have never had a problem.
    I wouldn't worry too much Terryh, folks like that are usually the kind of people who boast how they haven't been to Detroit in years.

I've had fools tell me how you'll get shot at Alter and Jefferson, even when I was living there from 02-05. When I would tell them they were full of it, they would laugh. When I'd tell them I was living there, they'd usually tell me "just wait", or "your just got lucky".

Oh, for God's sakes! I am a female who is in that area often and I've never had any problems. As a matter of fact, there is nowhere in this city that I am afraid to visit. If you use your wits and don't invite trouble, then there is no reason the same can not hold true for ANYBODY.

Quote Originally Posted by tkierpiec View Post
    Oh, for God's sakes! I am a female who is in that area often and I've never had any problems. As a matter of fact, there is nowhere in this city that I am afraid to visit. If you use your wits and don't invite trouble, then there is no reason the same can not hold true for ANYBODY.
    I can hold my own and I have years of street sense, common sense and I have ran in the hood [[per say). I have been to the city, I have family in the city and just moved from Detroit approximately three months ago, so I am not telling any of you what I think, I am telling you what I know. Keep going there, and the warmer its gets outside, you will mark my words.

I can hold my own and I have years of street sense, common sense and I have ran in the hood [[per say). I have been to the city, I have family in the city and just moved from Detroit approximately three months ago, so I am not telling any of you what I think, I am telling you what I know. Keep going there, and the warmer its gets outside, you will mark my words.
    If you had years of street sense you wouldn't have wrote the above. And it's "per se". I also guarantee that this area was much more dangerous in the 80s, and even then it wasn't as you described.

I won't argue the matter because I have nothing to prove, but I will make one last comment-Wisdom is often derived from experience. Keep in mind there is a halfway house/institition less that 2 miles from there, of which holds 200 hundred inmates whom are allowed to leave first thing in the morning and not return until 11:00pm at night.

I won't argue the matter because I have nothing to prove, but I will make one last comment-Wisdom is often derived from experience. Keep in mind there is a halfway house/institition less that 2 miles from there, of which holds 200 hundred inmates whom are allowed to leave first thing in the morning and not return until 11:00pm at night.
    So they all just stay congregated in that area? I know if I had to report to a halfway house everyday the furthest I'd go from it would be a 2 mile radius.