Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: 6100 Northfield

Default 6100 Northfield

Anybody know what's up with that block? There's one new construction house finished on the corner, a bunch of lots that have had basements dug out. Across the street somebody has laid a bunch of trusses and other lumber that looks like it's been there for a couple of years.

Besides the housing market tanking, anybody know what went wrong with that development?

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Anybody know what's up with that block? There's one new construction house finished on the corner, a bunch of lots that have had basements dug out. Across the street somebody has laid a bunch of trusses and other lumber that looks like it's been there for a couple of years.

Besides the housing market tanking, anybody know what went wrong with that development?
    I couldnt tell you myself but I figure its likely another bankrupt developer due to the economy like you speculated. Though what I find interesting is how far that road goes. I followed it and it pretty much curves and becomes Westfield past Livernois. Westfield stretches minus a few breaks all the way to Rouge park and beyond well into Livonia along the same latitude. It seems that is a way roads used to be labeled throughout Wayne County as many smaller neighborhood roads stretch on along the same latitudes throughout the county sometimes spaced out miles apart. Currier road is another road that does this along the N/S line from Dearborn Heights all the way to Brownstown.

Just like any other new homes in Detroit ghettohoods, those new homes are being development by quasi-government agencies like Fannie Mae and Fredie Mac home loan agencies. This will fill up those blighted brownfields and provide a new enviroment for low-income families. [[ As in keep Detroit west side and east side BLACK!)

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET!

As more low-income homes continue to be build in the ghetto.

Neda, I miss you so.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Just like any other new homes in Detroit ghettohoods, those new homes are being development by quasi-government agencies like Fannie Mae and Fredie Mac home loan agencies. This will fill up those blighted brownfields and provide a new enviroment for low-income families. [[ As in keep Detroit west side and east side BLACK!)

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET!

As more low-income homes continue to be build in the ghetto.

Neda, I miss you so.
    I'm sure all of the above is very true, but, this project has been stalled for a while now. There's 25 -30 thousand dollars worth of lumber sitting there in the front yards ruined from the weather.

Just wondering what the details of the stoppage was.........

Housing crisis! What esle!