Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Paging Tponetom

Default Paging Tponetom

Check your messages my friend.

mikefmich:
    This is Sunday, April 17, 2011, 3:15 p.m., Mountain time.
    Yesterday afternoon, for no reason at all, I accessed the "notifications" site. Your message was there and also a second message from another forum member.
    That members message was dated March 15-11. That person knows me well and I know that person as well.
    That is where my difficulty begins.
    I have been a member for nearly 4 years. I write, I post, and I reply to other posts. That is the sum total of all my talents.
    I am very inept on “managing” all the ins and outs and ups and downs that this forum has to offer.
    I would like to attach files and photos and other flights of derring-do but I do not know how to do those things.
    Be that as it may.
    To your questions? No, I have no further knowledge about Cookie other then that he would be in his late seventies or so. I was 32 when we played in that tournament and I assumed he was in his late twenties. He is/was, truly one of the nicest individuals that I have ever known.

I hope to post some thoughts about age, dementia, and aphasia.

Thanks. Had hoped you may have had some clue were Cookie went to in later years. The thought of finding and having some contact with him brings a smile to my face. He obviously made an impression on me at age 5-6, and I can still see his friendly smiling face some 55+ yrs later. Not many folks I can say that about.

I understand about figuring out how to work web stuff....I've managed attaching pics, but other things elude me.