Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Fieger

Default Fieger

Saw Michigam Matters today. Sad but Feiger has my vote and support come the renewed elections. He might be a loud mouth but he does "get" this city. Decriminalise MJ and prostitution. Police should have much better ways to fullfill civic duty. Don't do that stuff ourselves but that petty stuff is just that, petty!

My husband nearing to 60 now, got pulled over yesterday at gun point by cops because he was close to a drug house. He damn near shit a brick. Our worst habit is we both still smoke cigarettes. All seems too ridiculous. He was let go with this criptic message by the police, Don't look for drugs in our city". Doubt the SOBs even live here. I am still amazingly mad that a private citizen in a wrong spacial area could be harassed like that.

We pay taxes through the nose for lousey services, we have to apologize for being white and old in this city. I live here because I want to. Love my home and love my neighborhood. My block, should the city do its job [[which it won't) , will be 60% urban prairie. That doesn't bother me. What does bother me is a ridiculous waste of resources executed by mindless bozos who don't live here and have fun scaring seniors cause they are afraid to do a real job apprehending real crooks.

Sorry for venting. my husband has Parkinsons and that creepy scare was about the last thing he needed for doing absolutely nothing wrong.

The harassment was so out of proportion. Picture a skinny old white man with a cane. Guns drawn and pulled out of our car, slammed against the car, handcuffed, grilled and read a riot act for no good reason. Good thing I wasn't with him. A couple of cops would be nursing bruised balls.

I watched the same program Sumas. At least the far right and the far left in this area seemed to get along compared to the current situation in Washington. In fact, it was quite amusing. It should be on again this weekend, I recommend it highly.

Hi Big, haven't seen postings lately. Do miss you. Thanks also for response. Still can't believe my husband had to go through that crap. It was so stupid that I am now starting to tease him. Poor man, gets ruffed up, just minding his own business

It is a little hard not to be near a drug house here in the city.Frankly don't care if I am left alone. The cop bull bothered me a great deal.

Legalize all that stuff and crime will drop in proportion

An illegal crap game is run down the street from us on Thursday evening for many years. Don't care. Guns not allowed! It is quiet, they seem nice. I think maybe 50 people attend. That dosn't bother me either. I am so annoyed I just may wander down and play a few hands.

Sumas

They should have forfeited your husband's car. He was in a high crime area.

Quote Originally Posted by manualshift View Post
    They should have forfeited your husband's car. He was in a high crime area.
    If that was the case, nobody would have cars. I'm with Sumas, practically everywhere you drive in the city there's a drug house close by. It's very fucked up.

Stromberg2

Yes manual, they could have confiscated his car. The point being for what? We live in the D. Why harass a citizen for non existant crimes that are totally unrellated.

When they asked him about drugs, he told them everything he takes for Parkinsons. All quite legal.

Just still doing a slow stew over this.

So do you plan to file a complaint over this?

...Is Fieger serious? heh-heh-heh-heh-heh-heh... good luck running on a "legalize sinful behavior" platform here in Detroit where churchy folk and various pastors are going to have a hissy-fit over the mere mention of it. Fieger may blow his 'black-folks-favorite-local-white-guy credit card" real quick.

I remember an editorial from Nolan Finley circa '09, where he endorsed it. He brought it up to the folks running for city council during a televised debate, and of course, no one got behind it. not pugh, not brown, not cockrel not bennett and the other also rans.. and of course if Detroit itself did decriminalize these things, would local police still be expected to enforce state and federal law regarding drugs and the sex-trade?

yeah i was given the exact same treatment for having stopped momentarily next to the Easttown Theater a couple summers back to snap a photo from my car. they thought i was buying heroin, pfft...i didnt even have enough money in my pocket, had i wanted to.

gave me & my buddy tickets and dates to appear, for "Loitering in a known drug area."

F*** the police.

Detroit needs to get a ballot initiative past the council for legalization.

Sumas's example is emblematic of the disregard of citizen rights that have gone hand in hand with the drug war. This lawless situation is unpalatable. Dead kids from collateral fire. Kids under fire because they actually work in the drug industry [[which pays less than the minimum wage but in a city with 50% un/underemployment, where a third of the population is in poverty; you take what you can get). If we were to regulate drugs we could take kids out of it. We would take it out of the glamorous underground and shine the light on a twitchy, strung out lot who would get medical help for what would [[if we look at the example of Portugal and the Netherlands) no longer be a fashionable habit. Like any Oxycoton, morphine, Adderall, sleeping pill, alcohol, or tobacco addict
    can.

Take the disputes of dealers out of the streets and into the courts like the dealers of the corporate pharmaceutical industry's drugs. Or alcohol. Or tobacco. Or any other legal enterprise.

Let's get those young kids off the corner, and their older siblings out of jail, and get them to college.

Bad cops can be anywhere. We've got a bunch of new hires in my bedroom community who supposedly had just gotten mustered out of the military after service in Fallujah. The ones I've encountered are morons, no adherence to police procedure, no people skills, they seem like surly 5 year olds with ADD-one guy in particular, I was watching a racoon cross a street near my home when this jerk, in his Charger Police car rolls by w/only his squad car's foglights on, veers suddenly across the yellow line & deliberately smashes the raccoon! He stops, looks over & sees we saw him do it & dodges into a citypark where he lights a couple guys playing basketball. I had a run-in with the same guy last week where he was rolling down the same city park sidewalk, playing with his spotlights. The guy didn't even SEE me then claims I was reported as a "suspicious person" by a nearby fire station, then he claimed I was past park hours I whipped out my cellphone[[not a smart thing to do w/this guy, but he had me annoyed) to show it was top of the hour. A cop can pretty much do anything to you so act aware, jeez I'm sounding like Geoffrey Fieger now

While I don't disagree with the concepts discussed, Feiger is an idiot and you DEFINITELY don't want to give him any political power.

Who would have thought that Robocop 2 might one day become a reality in Detroit. When I heard this crap I wanted to laugh. He knows what to say and how to say it that simple minded people believe him. The black people credit card is soo true. Sam Bernstein has one too.
    Legal or not at the end of the day this crap is BAD for your health. Yes drugs and prostitution will always be out there but let's not promote it by legalizing it.
    Sad part is there are lots more people out there that will vote for him on these grounds alone. Just as Obama was elected simply for being black. Even when majority rules sometimes it still doesn't mean it's right.

I know it's bad form to personalize comments here, but I have to say that the story used to start this thread is just a little histrionic and unbelievable to me. I take it all with a grain of salt, especially since the poster was, just last year, boasting that she was buying marijuana at the corner store. I live in an absolutely drug-gang riddled neighborhood and have never heard of anyone being pulled over merely for driving in proximity of a "drug house

As radical as it may seem Fieger does have a point. There really is no point in keeping one of the oldest professions in the world or the use of marijuana illegal. We spend far too much money arresting, prosecuting, and in most cases, locking up people for these offenses when the money expended doing so could be used for much more important matters. In addition, legalization of these two issues would generate millions of much needed tax dollars that would help not only the D but the State as a whole. Sorry to hear of your husbands harassment Sumas. Incidentally, I have Multiple Sclerosis and despite being a registered user of Marijuana as part of my treatment regime I still remain concerned over being harassed by the police for merely treating my condition which has been very effective. I was diagnosed in 2001 with MS and if you were to see me today would not even know I had it. I walk, run, dance, etc. I have been truly Blessed but I am sure that the use of Marijuana has played a significant role in the stability of my condition. I hope your husbands condition remains as stable as possible.

The drug war has increased crime just like prohibition increased crime in the 20s.

What If All Drugs Were Legal by Harry Browne
    http://www.ejfi.org/Prohibition/Prohibition-3.htm

swmap, I wasn't bragging. Just saying that the stuff is easy to buy. I made that purchase for a friend who is now dead. Go dance on his grave [[Elmwood) if that makes you happy!

If it eased his pain at all I make no apologies.

Nice to see my dumb memories get remembered. Hospice had no problems giving him morphine. Have some now in my fridge. Mom [[91) is in home hospice now too.

Why assume my story is false? It happened. Get a life!

Back to topic, Fieger. Yeah he is kind of creepy but he did make some telling points.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    While I don't disagree with the concepts discussed, Feiger is an idiot and you DEFINITELY don't want to give him any political power.
    I'm absolutely sure Feiger is MORE idiotic than any of the players we presently have....uuummmm, Jon Kyle [[It's not meant to be a factual statement), Rick Santorum [[santorum??), Charlie Rangel [[I didn't cut all those special rent deals benefitting only me), The Donald [[You're fired!) , Joe Lieberman [[I'm not sure if I'm a republicat, a demican or a tea partier), Mitt Romney [[of the magic underpants persuasion), and on and on. We could list pages of whackos out there running for office and acting the fool and Fieger might not be in the top 1%. And I AM NOT advocating for Fieger.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    All that's required to run for office nowadys is to be an idiot. A rich one. Or an idiot with rich backers a/la Tea Partiers.

Douglas, I am sorry to hear of your battle with MS. I do support MJ as a way to help avert symtoms. Parkinsons is similar in a way. Maybe should try that cure?? Really was creepy that my husband had to go through all that.and he was'nt even using.

SUMAS' example is why I've advocated for years that Detroit residents/taxpayers should be given medals and honers by City Clowncil on a regular basis. People like SUMAS have persisted for years in spite of every effort by city administrations to run them out. Can't get the garbage picked up? Call city hall and be humiliated. Can't get a cop out? Call 911 and get put down. Can't get the street light fixed? Call city hall and they'll berate you. Try to clean up your neighborhood? Get a ticket and summons. Half the population that's left Detroit in the last 30 years isn't just because of racism, schools and the economy, it's because city hall chases them out the back door. Even to this day, Detroit posseses so many good, loyal citizens that just want basic services and decency from city hall. Whatever Bing does, if he isn't sucessful in gutting city hall, nothing else will be as important.

Hey 1, thanks. As always your comments amuse me. I was supposed to go down to city hall today but just do not have the gumption. Have sat in on many meetings in front of Clownsil. Poor Bozo would be embarassed.

Fieger did say he would not run against an embumbent.

My sister owns a home down the street from my Mom. She has a one car garage and got a blight ticket. She put a tarp on the roof. Got tagged. City gave her 2 1/2 weeks to re roof and paint. I can't make this shit up. Her home is super nice. Starting to think only white folks get these tickets as a form of harassment.

Gates got one before he died for weeds [[nominal) in the alley. I make sure I keep it clean but really should post pictures of the rest of the alley. The targeted residents are all white.
    The alley is a dump but no one else got a ticket.