Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Best place for seafood

The wife and I are thinking of making a trip to Detroit next weekend. What's a good place to get seafood. We are Catholic and can't eat meat on Friday so we are looking for a place to go. We aren't looking for fine dining, just someplace good.

Suggestions?

My favorite is Sindbad's.

http://sindbads.com/flash/index.html

Detroit Fish Market is pretty good, as is Fishbones- both are downtown.

How about a church fish fry.

Sweetest Heart of Mary does the stations of the cross at 6:30PM on Fridays [[Lent) and serve dinners from 3:00PM until 8:00PM. If you've never been to SHOM it's a must see.

if you want good fish frye - try the Gaelic League Irish American Club - 2068 michigan avenue near old tiger stadium - other than a good chuch fry up [[st. francis de assisi and/or sweetest heart) it is the best in town - and don't have to be a member to eat there.

St.Veronicas in Eastpointe has the best fish fry.
    Lots of side dishes.

Gotta go with the legendary Scotty Simpsons.

http://www.scottysfishandchips.com/

Fish fry...yum. We love a good fish fry, but they are so greasy that we tend to stick to just one a year and we went and did a fish fry last weekend.

There are plenty of good sea food places in Detroit as already stated but if you want some first class quality Fish [[Halibut) and chips [[or onion rings), real vinegar,Bread and butter and a pot of tea - take the tunnel to Windsor; about half mile on University is Sir Cedrics Fish and Chips. [[don't forget your Passport).Look it up on. the web for exact location
    Last edited by coracle; April-14-11 at 06:34 PM. Reason: omission

Fergies is a good place. It's on Fort St. in Lincoln Park.

The wife and I ate at Saltwater in the MGM not too long ago. Very, very good. Kinda pricey, though.. We were celebrating...that was my big spending for dinner for the year.

BluePointe on Warren & Cadieux.

Two words.......Scotty Simpson's