Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default "Not intended to be a factual statement". Jon Kyl, R-AZ.

From the office of Senator Jon Kyle, R-AZ. "Not intended to be a factual statement". I propose this as the official motto of the US Senate. Probably the House, too. Hell, it could apply to almost all politicians, corporate executives, bankers and leaders of our bankrupt society. Reminds me of the guy that used to be in the teevee commercials. The one that would be saying one thing while the text on the screen would reveal the true meaning of what he was saying. There's probably a YouTube of this guy somewhere.

Colbert skewered Kyl on that recently. It became a running joke throughout his show.

How about a T-shirt with :Sen. Kyl: not intended to be a real senator"? Or pick your favorite liar and do your own variation.

Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    Colbert skewered Kyl on that recently. It became a running joke throughout his show.

How about a T-shirt with :Sen. Kyl: not intended to be a real senator"? Or pick your favorite liar and do your own variation.
    Maxx, that's a great one.

Not to threadjack but..... I love his Countdown to Government Shutdown too.

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-col...nment-shutdown

Apparently Kyl said today that he misspoke when he used the statistics he quoted about Planned Parenthood. Sounds like an intractable retraction to me. I still think "Not intended to be a factual statement" is one of the great political euphemisms [[lies) of all time. It should be on the cover page of the Senate and House websites.

Any time Kyl talks on TV, a subscript should appear with "Not intended to be a factual statement."

Of course the "not intended to be a factual statement" statement raises the implicit question of what then his intention actually was.

Was it to lie before Congress?

Perhaps the "not intended to be a factual statement" statement was itself not intended to be a factual statement. Who knows anymore?