Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: where to buy...

DetroitPole Guest

Default where to buy...

a kippah? I've been invited to Passover Sedar.

I realize I may have to leave Detroit for this one

anything close to the east side would be appriciated [[too much to ask?).

Here are a couple shops I found listed in Google{

Spitzer’s Hebrew Book & Gift
    Harvard Row Mall, 21790 West 11 Mile Road, Southfield, Michigan 48076 Phone: [[248) 356-6080
    A Judaica store in Metro Detroit. Home to got nosh?.

Borenstein’s Book & Music Store
    25242 Greenfield Road, Oak Park, Michigan 48237 Phone: [[248) 967-3920
    Centrally located, Borenstein’s has a wide selection of Judaica.

Here's a link to Judaica in Detroit
    http://www.jewishindetroit.com/detro...ish-stores.php

And here's a list of Synagogues in the Detroit area; I assume they'd have Yarmulke's?
    http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...f&pf=p&pdl=300

My girlfriend works at Temple Beth El up Telegraph at Maple. She say's they have free/complimentary ones...basic black, or a gift shop you can purchase them from.

ferntruth Guest

Quote Originally Posted by detroittrader View Post
    My girlfriend works at Temple Beth El up Telegraph at Maple. She say's they have free/complimentary ones...basic black, or a gift shop you can purchase them from.
    It's more than likely going to depend on where the Sedar is being conducted. If it's at the Shul, then they will probably have complimentary ones on hand. Most gift shops I am aware of inside of Shuls tend to not stock Kippot since most of us Jews have tons of them at home collected over the years.
    If it's at someones home, then you should probably plan on having one of your own.

I'd pick one up just to be safe. For your purposes, Borenstein's is closest and your best bet. Plus there is a discount for paying in cash! =)

Have fun at the seder! Most synagogues have kippot, and the Downtown Synagogue might loan you one if you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by REL View Post
    Have fun at the seder! Most synagogues have kippot, and the Downtown Synagogue might loan you one if you need it.
    Loan you one? Every synagogue I've been to that isn't reformed [[ and I've been to a lot ) have a bin or container of them at the door. Take one, take ten, trust me - they don't care. I would venture to say they cost about 3 cents each when bought in bulk.

Just don't sit in Elijah's seat !!