Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Detroit Featured In Urban Roots America Documentary

UrbanRootsAmerica.com
    Urban Roots is the next documentary from Tree Media. Directed by Mark MacInnis, produced by Leila Conners [[The 11th Hour) and Mathew Schmid, the film follows the urban farming phenomenon in Detroit. Urban Roots is a timely, moving and inspiring film that speaks to a nation grappling with collapsed industrial towns and the need to forge a sustainable and prosperous future.
    Tip of the hat to Thom Hartmann.

Went to see the movie at the DFT a week or so ago. Nice to see friends explaing things to me so eloquently when I hadnt taken the time to hear it in person from them.

My concern is Hantz Farms. Will they become something of a Monsantos bitch? Anyone have any insight as of yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    Went to see the movie at the DFT a week or so ago. Nice to see friends explaing things to me so eloquently when I hadnt taken the time to hear it in person from them.

My concern is Hantz Farms. Will they become something of a Monsantos bitch? Anyone have any insight as of yet?
    Hantz makes me really nervous. Small scale urban farming provides so much more besides food.

My friends have been trying to purchase several neighboring empty lots from the city in order to expand their farms. One was denied and the other has been waiting to hear back for almost a year.

Last year a representative for Hantz's had shown interest in the properties and wanted my friends to farm the land for him. I rather the property remain with the people who live there then go to Hantz. Why should Hantz get free land from the city for his own profit.