Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Year Tiger Stadium had a screen running up to the upper deck in right field?...

There was one season where a screen was in place to stop home runs from going into the lower right field stands. I'm thinking it was 1962 after the big homer year of Maris and Mantle, but it may have been 1960. Are there any photos of the anti-homer screen in right field that went up to the upper deck?

Didn't know about that. I would be interested to know as well. Not that many homers landed in the lower right stands as most fly balls caught the overhang. I remember when they put a taller fence in the upper centerfield bleachers for a few years during the "beer wars".