Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Have words no meaning? Advertisers have lost it

What the heck is the "darker side of green" in some hybrid car ad?

Are women really complaining about the blandness of their hygiene products?

Hey, you have to be a college graduate to get a marketing job coming up with shit like that.

There is dark green, but no such content for the darker side of green.

Orsen Wells has warning intellectuals about take words out of content. We named words to give a meaning and it has to connect with that meaning.

It's the opposite of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb3iPP-tHdA

Ok, glad I'm not the only one who found the car commercial strange

I think I prefer the Joe Cocker version...

Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post

Green promotion gone wrong. A doo-da-dish attempt to apply a metaphor ala the idea of dark greens being more nutritious I suppose...? Applied to steel, plastic and rubber? Epic FAIL!
    Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    What the heck is the "darker side of green" in some hybrid car ad?

Last edited by Zacha341; April-17-11 at 03:48 PM.

But if you add pomegranite, cranberry, or Vitamins A, D and/or E; state that the process was not tested on animals; manufacturing used environmentally-friendly machines and recycled whatever; and they planted a pine tree in Oregon, then it doesn't matter if what we're talking about is your face lotion or your car seat fabric, the advertisers are certain of a winner.
    Last edited by Corn.Bot; April-17-11 at 11:29 AM. Reason: too many unnecessarily recycled alphabet letters

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post

There's that new one out where this young lady sees this boring ad for pads that's on a wall, grabs her convinient cans of spraypaint in her purse and damn near starts a revolution, with all these women coming out of the woodwork to paint over this ad, make it all colourful and exciting.

....where the hell are the cops? They should all get arrested for vandalism

It's just a wrapper.

But really....I don't think women are upset. My wife hates those ads, thinks they make women look like a bunch of suckers who'll buy anything. She buys what works best for her, plain and simple.

A new ad features the tag line “share freshness with a friend.”
    This ad is promoting:
    a) mints
    b) iced tea
    c) Eastern Market
    d) moist bathroom wipes

My gripe is all auto ads that show the cars driving wildly, doing donuts, and skidding around like a NASCAR driver. You don't drive cars like that in real life.

Well, not if you have intelligence, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    My gripe is all auto ads that show the cars driving wildly, doing donuts, and skidding around like a NASCAR driver. You don't drive cars like that in real life.

Well, not if you have intelligence, anyway.
    and what does that say about NASCAR drivers?