Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default In the market for a car?

I would be willing to bet that you could get a very good deal on a new or used car thru one of the Chrysler dealers that is closing it's doors in 3 weeks.

Dealer Cuts Mean Deals
    ClickonDetroit.com POSTED: Monday, May 18, 2009

"At 789 Chrysler lots across America sit 44,000 potential bargains, cars and trucks that are stuck between shellshocked dealers and a troubled company that no longer wants their services."

These deals if they indeed exists along with that cash for clunkers government money may be the reason I find myself in a Challenger SRT 8 unnecessarily in the near future. Hell if the rest of the America doesn't want a gas guzzling high powered V8 coupe I'll take it.

Don't count on any special desperate measures. My buddy and I visited a few dealerships down Van Dyke today, including a Ford dealership and a Chrysler dealership. They are busy. When asked, the Chrysler dealership salesman said that the cars are moving fast, even at current prices. The Ford dealership salesman is even more bold, he told my friend that whatever we hear on the news is way overblown. They are doing very well, and don't need to push hard for sales at all.