Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Best meats/butchers

With BBQ season upon us I'm curious where are the best places to buy good quality meat? Preferably with locations in Wayne and Oakland Co.

Wigleys Meats at Eastern Market.inside Gratiot Central and on Russell by Mack.
    Good quality meats.

Bozek's Market in Hamtramck.[[also one out in Sterling Heights) Huge selection of fresh meats.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...0dkydOJZoIZ9uw

Quote Originally Posted by pgn421 View Post
    Good quality meats.
    Gratiot Central Market is a great place for meat in general. I like Ronnie's meats there for steaks and ground beef, Cheech's chicken has great poultry of all kinds at great prices, and there are several places to buy racks of ribs and other assorted stuff. There's also a seafood place but I've never tried it.

Berry and Son's on Dix/Wyoming/Vernor no pork, just beef and lamb but great halal meats. Some of the better clubs and restaurants buy tons of lamb chops and racks.

Quote Originally Posted by pgn421 View Post
    Good quality meats.
    Doesn't fit in with the BBQ question, but, Wigleys has the best corned beef around. Bar NONE.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Doesn't fit in with the BBQ question, but, Wigleys has the best corned beef around. Bar NONE.
    I agree. Gratiot Central Market is fantastic, they have great pre-made kabobs as well.

Ronnies Meats in Southgate is pretty good.

When I couldn't make it to Gratiot I swore by Family Fresh Market in Westland [[Formerly Bob's of Canton) but it looks like they may have closed, they had an AWESOME selection.

Quote Originally Posted by JROLLA View Post
    Ronnies Meats in Southgate is pretty good.
    Did you mean Ray's?

It's way the heck out in Shelby Township, but Nitsche's is a fantastic old-world German butcher on Van Dyke.

Marios Meats on 10 mile just west of 94 has awesome meat and a great staff

Nine Mile and Lahser, Plum Hollow Grocery has great meat.

Softail- Wigleys has ribs, steaks, ground beef, pork, and Corned Beef!

Boff's on 10 Mile bt Van Dyke and Hoover...great meats, great deli and great service!!

Berry and Sons-Rababeh in Eastern market and with a retail store in Dearborn Heights that stocks great luncheon meats. Excellent quality beef, lamb and goat [[all halal). Always fresh, not frozen and prepackaged. It's a great local family-owned business.

Honeybee has very good meat, as does E & L on Vernor. Wigleys on Russell St. has
    more than corned beef, and their selection is very good. I buy most of my meat there, including the packaged corned beef. I still go to Gratiot Central for Italian sausage at R & J and chicken

I agree with preserve - love E&L and Honeybee