Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Donald Trump

Default Donald Trump

I'm surprised there's no Trump thread on here yet. The guy a such a buffoon I thought all you Liberal Dems would be throwing your support to his candidacy in hopes that he'll be the Republican nominee.

He's no threat, and not worth the bother, is what I believe.

lilpup Guest

When was the last time any truly viable national level candidate came out of New York [[HIllary Clinton IS NOT a true New Yorker).

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    When was the last time any truly viable national level candidate came out of The Republican Party [[lol).
    Thought I'd toy with that.

His 2 claims to fame......his comb over and he is a birther.....Really? Get over it....as Big Dog said no threat.

We've had a "B" actor as president, why not a reality TV celebrity?

On a serious note, I can't realistically see him winning the nomination because the fringe, radical right control the Repub Party these days and even though Trump has joined the birthers, he is not radical enough for the party's base.

The funny thing is Trump has punked cons into believing that he will run.

Snooki would be a better president.

Quote Originally Posted by 3WC View Post
    I'm surprised there's no Trump thread on here yet. The guy a such a buffoon I thought all you Liberal Dems would be throwing your support to his candidacy in hopes that he'll be the Republican nominee.
    hmmm.... not a bad idea. Trump works under the old "there's a sucker born every minute" mantra. Serious candidate? more like a buffoonish version of Pat Paulson

Trump has donated as much to Democratic candidates as to Republican candidates. Even Charlie Wrangel received $24,000 of campaign contributions from Donald trump. How is this supposed to fly among radical right wingers?
    http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2011...democrats.html

Donald is all about Donald. I do enjoy his birther assaults though. Perhaps, these efforts are to secure the loyalty of right wingers but putting his millions up against the $1-2M that the Obama team has spent keeping Obama's birth-college records secrets should make the story more interesting.

Trump does support the congressionally undeclared Obama war against the Libyan government but for different reasons than the President cited.

I submitted Lewis Black's rant on Trump in the Rep. Candidates thread. A classic.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Donald is all about Donald. I do enjoy his birther assaults though. Perhaps, these efforts are to secure the loyalty of right wingers but putting his millions up against the $1-2M that the Obama team has spent keeping Obama's birth-college records secrets should make the story more interesting..
    never figured you would even partially buy in to that birther stupidity

Koz-bie sez..... " Donald Trump is trying to make a fool of himself! He's running for President not for his principles he stands, but to get rid of President Obama and gain celebrity status. For the last couple of months he tried to prove that Obama is not TRULY a U.S. born citizen. The birth certificate from a hospital from Honolulu, Hawaii states that Obama was born in U.S. in 1961. Trump is going represent the rich and corporation and strengthen their relationship with the U.S.goverment from regulation and deregulation of certian policies. He will cut main street and the poor from government support and increase total Republican [[NEO-conservatism) control to all U.S. state, local and federal government. This will loom into a Marxist conflict and increase liberal socalist change throughout America. This so-called free nation will NEVER be the same in the 21st Century. We will never win the future for our children."
    Last edited by Danny; April-13-11 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    never figured you would even partially buy in to that birther stupidity
    It is stupidity to people who wish to believe otherwise. Sen. Obama told us to 'believe' but I prefer facts to beliefs. I think that the evidence that the president was born in Hawaii is better than anything suggesting he was born in Kenya but I have never seen a document even proving which hospital he was born it. Snopes alone has provided three birth scenarios. In 2008, Snopes claimed little Barack was born in Kenya without any proof. Snopes soon got on board and claimed he was born at the Queen's Hospital in Hawaii without any proof. The Snopes revised it's article and is now claiming he was born in another hospital in Hawaii; again without any proof. Two out of three Snopes pronouncements at least claim he was born in Hawaii so I'll go along with that. That said, if I had to vote for either Trump or Obama, I would probably hold my nose and vote Obama. That is, of course, after I heard someone start squeezing the trigger.

It is stupidity to people who wish to believe otherwise. Sen. Obama told us to 'believe' but I prefer facts to beliefs. I think that the evidence that the president was born in Hawaii is better than anything suggesting he was born in Kenya but I have never seen a document even proving which hospital he was born it. Snopes alone has provided three birth scenarios. In 2008, Snopes claimed little Barack was born in Kenya without any proof. Snopes soon got on board and claimed he was born at the Queen's Hospital in Hawaii without any proof. The Snopes revised it's article and is now claiming he was born in another hospital in Hawaii; again without any proof. Two out of three Snopes pronouncements at least claim he was born in Hawaii so I'll go along with that. That said, if I had to vote for either Trump or Obama, I would probably hold my nose and vote Obama. That is, of course, after I heard someone start squeezing the trigger.
    It doesn't matter where anyone thinks [[or believes) Barack Obama was born--his mother was a United States citizen, which makes him a United States citizen no matter what.

End of story.

I guess in their in-depth research of the Constitution, the birthers/Tea Party/racists/chickenshits missed that part, huh?

lincoln8740 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    It doesn't matter where anyone thinks [[or believes) Barack Obama was born--his mother was a United States citizen, which makes him a United States citizen no matter what.

End of story.

I guess in their in-depth research of the Constitution, the birthers/Tea Party/racists/chickenshits missed that part, huh?
    me thinks someone better use google before they start using phrases like "end of story"

Forget Barry for a second, just look at the requirements to become President and the definition of naturalized citizen.

jeez

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln8740 View Post
    me thinks someone better use google before they start using phrases like "end of story"

Forget Barry for a second, just look at the requirements to become President and the definition of naturalized citizen.

jeez
    There are three eligibility requirements for becoming President of the United States:

1. Must be at least 35 years of age
    2. Must have lived in the United States at least 14 years
    3. Must be a NATURAL-BORN United States citizen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article...ons_for_office

Go back to school, and take your hysterics elsewhere.

lincoln8740 Guest

There are three eligibility requirements for becoming President of the United States:

1. Must be at least 35 years of age
    2. Must have lived in the United States at least 14 years
    3. Must be a NATURAL-BORN United States citizen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article...ons_for_office

Go back to school, and take your hysterics elsewhere.
    I just want to make sure I understand exactly what you are saying.

You are saying that it doesn't matter if Barry was born in Kenya, simply because his mother was a citizen at the time of his birth?

Well then in that case

"Attention everyone-- Ghettompalmetto has officially silenced all birthers, by saying that it doesn't matter that Barry was born in Kenya!. "Thank you and move along!!"

Really?

So if its that simple then why the campaign by the Obama Camp?

If it's that simple then why such an uproar?

If it's that simple then why must all politicians when faced with the question regarding the issue state "I believe that President Obama was born in this country"

End of story.

I guess I also missed the part of the Constitution that says that if one's mother is a US citizen, then one is automatically a US citizen no matter where born. Where is that found? "Chickenshits"? Is name calling a sign your arguments are wearing thin?

Were you a bit better versed in birther arguments, you would probably have been aware that at the time little Barack was born "a 1952 law required a U.S. citizen married to an alien to have been physically present in the United States for 10 years, including five after reaching the age of 14, to transmit citizenship to foreign-born children. Obama's mother was 18 when he was born.
    http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=111517#ixzz1JReMsX1D

That, of course, doesn't apply to our President who we are told was born in Queens Hospital In Hawaii or was it Kapiolani Hospital? Some place in Hawaii anyway, probably, we think...

Nobody took me up on the quiz. How disappointing.
    ANSWER: Kezia Obama was Barack Obama Senior's first wife. The fun part of their relationship is that if they forgot to get divorced, then Stanley's marriage was void and birthers cannot bring up the accusations about BO Jr. ever being a dual citizen or an English subject were he been born in Kenya. In the latter case, his mother's US citizenship would have transferred to him as a naturalized citizen since her marriage was void.

ANSWER: Kezia Obama was Barack Obama Senior's first wife. The fun part of their relationship is that if they forgot to get divorced, then Stanley's marriage was void and birthers cannot bring up the accusations about BO Jr. ever being a dual citizen or an English subject were he been born in Kenya. In the latter case, his mother's US citizenship would have transferred to him as a naturalized citizen since her marriage was void.
    You're aware that it's physically possible to give birth to a child without being married, right?

The conspiracy idiots are beyond reproach--making all sorts of accusations without a shred of evidence. Do you think that could be why Head Birther Idiot Orly Taitz has been thrown out of court? Yes, it could be.

Find something interesting to "research".

To me, birthers = latent racists. My opinion.. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    To me, birthers = latent racists. My opinion.. What do you think?
    Maybe more xenophobic than racist. The president has a "foreign" name and a father from another country. I assume the birthers know there are non-white American citizens!

what a litany of utter mindless rubbish. Where is any evidence of him NOT being born in Hawai'i? where is any evidence that the birth certificate and newspaper birth announcements was forged?

Can somebody show me the birth certificates of all the other presidents?

Get over it cons, there's a back man in the White House.

Where is any evidence of him NOT being born in Hawai'i? where is any evidence that the birth certificate and newspaper birth announcements was forged?
    Good point. In a courtroom, the burden of proof would fall on the birthers.

what a litany of utter mindless rubbish. Where is any evidence of him NOT being born in Hawai'i? where is any evidence that the birth certificate and newspaper birth announcements was forged?
    "Chickenshits", "mindless rubbish", "latent racists", and "maybe more xenophobic than racist" are all great discussion points proving where the President was born but where is the documentation to at least establish which hospital he was born in?

rb, see post #13: Your concern was already addressed. "I think that the evidence that the President was born in Hawaii is better than anything suggesting he was born in Kenya but I have never seen a document even proving which hospital he was born it." I never alleged that the document that materialized at the DNC was forged. We have been told that only the President could request his birth certificate yet no one has asked how the 'certification of live birth' materialized. Does this mean the president himself provided the short form to the DNC? The newspaper clippings from 8 and 9 days after the birth list the happy and blessed Obama family as residing in the Dunham residence yet no one remembers them living there, there is supporting evidence to suggested they ever lived there, and BO Sr. had another address. Whichever hospital or individual submitted the birth announcements to the two newspapers also failed to mention which hospital little Barack was born in. Sigh...

What is utter mindless rubbish is the notion that the President of the United States cannot access a copy of his original birth certificate with all the detailed information including the name of his doctor, hospital, verifying signatories, and the other usual information. Let's instead pretend that the President, Homeland Security, courts, the CIA, the FBI, etc. are utterly powerless when faced with a clerk in the Honolulu records division.

"I'm asking you to believe. ." -Sen. Obama

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast