Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Vox Guest

Default Prisoner Monica Conyers asks judge to let her do time at home

I have to laugh.

After seven months of prison life, Monica Conyers has asked a federal judge to cut her loose from “Camp Cupcake.”

The former Detroit councilwoman, wife of U.S. Rep. John Conyers, who is serving a 37-month-prison sentence for bribery in a federal prison camp in West Virginia, wants to serve the rest of her sentence at home, according to her handwritten request made public today in U.S. District Court.
    In her three-page letter, Conyers wrote that the court, in issuing her prison sentence, failed to consider her “age, education, vocational skill, employment record, family ties and responsibilities
    http://www.freep.com/article/2011041...sey=nav%7Chead

I would think 37 months at Camp Cupcake IS the result of such consideration, such as it is. Does any court actually do more?

This woman is beyond belief.

She should be stamping out license plated with a hammer or making little rocks out of boulders.

I'll bet the judge let's her.

"in issuing her prison sentence, failed to consider her “age, education, vocational skill, employment record, family ties and responsibilities.” In arguing for her release, Conyers wrote that there are “family ties and responsibilities” to consider"

These are all the more reasons for her to do the time. She should have known better. You would think a person with those accomplishments would know better.

I assure you the judge had a good laugh at this one. It's too bad that she is breaking down now because she has a LOOONG way to go.

Fuuuuck Youuuuu Monica and that old horse you rode on.

She should have to stay like everyone else who doesn't get a VIP treatment. She sure as shit isn't VIP; I wouldn't even consider her much of a person.

Buy American Guest

The cojones on these people who have raped and pillaged the City of Detroit is beyond belief. Getting out of prison to attend a funeral, getting out of prison to take care of a sick relative....now this. This bitch needs a reality check. What makes her so special? Like thug KK, she's a legend in her own mind!

Buy American Guest

Here are a few examples of Conyers "education". In reading her letter to the court here are just a few errors I found...

likihood - meaning likelihood
    sever - meaning severe
    convicted of a felon - I think she meant convicted of a felony?
    ask - meaning asks
    sentening - meaning sentencing
    guidlines - meaning guidelines

This is from an "educated" woman who was clowncil president writing to a circuit court....unbelieveable!

Don't they have computers at Camp Cupcake? At least she could have used spellchecker!

Like Buy American said...The unmitigated gall of these people. Any regular "joe" or "jane" convicted of those types of crimes would be spending their time in places a lot less comfortable than Camp Cupcake.

I know this is funny but in a sad way, I feel back for Monica Conyers and I'm going to tell you why. This story should have never been made public. Leaking her letter was an attempt to embarrass her which served its purpose. This is a 46 year female in good health. If she was sick then perhaps the court would take that in consideration but she is not terminal so everyone knows she isn't going anywhere. As for education, work history, etc, etc....well those qualifications will suit her well in prison. I admit that I have never been locked up but if I was in prison and I want to get out and have it easy, I too would write a letter to the judge but unlike Ms. Conyers, I don't have a famous name so my ridiculous letter would never be made public.

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    I know this is funny but in a sad way, I feel back for Monica Conyers and I'm going to tell you why. This story should have never been made public. Leaking her letter was an attempt to embarrass her which served its purpose. This is a 46 year female in good health. If she was sick then perhaps the court would take that in consideration but she is not terminal so everyone knows she isn't going anywhere. As for education, work history, etc, etc....well those qualifications will suit her well in prison. I admit that I have never been locked up but if I was in prison and I want to get out and have it easy, I too would write a letter to the judge but unlike Ms. Conyers, I don't have a famous name so my ridiculous letter would never be made public.
    I can't feel sorry for her. She showed no remorse, regret, sadness, anguish, or conscience during this whole episode....especially towards the people of the City of Detroit. Just like thug KK, the blame for all the wrongdoings have been place elsewhere. She won't take responsibility for her actions [[and she knew full well what she was doing was wrong). She stole money that didn't belong to her, took bribes, extorted people and just plain broke the law. She got caught and is now located at some posh prison....sorry, she needs to stay there and do hard time, not soft time.

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    I can't feel sorry for her. She showed no remorse, regret, sadness, anguish, or conscience during this whole episode....especially towards the people of the City of Detroit. Just like thug KK, the blame for all the wrongdoings have been place elsewhere. She won't take responsibility for her actions [[and she knew full well what she was doing was wrong). She stole money that didn't belong to her, took bribes, extorted people and just plain broke the law. She got caught and is now located at some posh prison....sorry, she needs to stay there and do hard time, not soft time.
    I agree she should stay in prison but c'mon.....the letter is a con job. I will give her a "A" for trying to weasel out of her sentence. She knows she ain't no where but it don't hurt to try. As for feeling sorry for her, I only feel sorry for her in regards to the letter being leaked. She deserves everything she got.

I know this is funny but in a sad way, I feel back for Monica Conyers and I'm going to tell you why. This story should have never been made public. Leaking her letter was an attempt to embarrass her which served its purpose.
    How was this a leak? It was a publicly filed with the court.

Buy American Guest

I agree she should stay in prison but c'mon.....the letter is a con job. I will give her a "A" for trying to weasel out of her sentence. She knows she ain't no where but it don't hurt to try. As for feeling sorry for her, I only feel sorry for her in regards to the letter being leaked. She deserves everything she got.
    We will have to agree to disagree on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by leland_palmer View Post
    How was this a leak? It was a publicly filed with the court.
    Question: would you have wasted your time inquiring on the activities of an convinced felon? Leaks are discovered when someone who knows somethings tells another.

Rikers Island? Alcatraz? No it's closed? LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    I would think 37 months at Camp Cupcake IS the result of such consideration, such as it is. Does any court actually do more?

Pffffff. Hate to coin an old phrase but.......can't do the time, don't do the crime.

I wonder [[and doubt) if she's doing anything good while at Camp Cupcake?

Question: would you have wasted your time inquiring on the activities of an convinced felon? Leaks are discovered when someone who knows somethings tells another.
    Every prisoner's letters are public record but when you are just someone with no name recognition, nobody cares about you. She had no problem being in the spotlight when she was on the clown counsel, and even used the "do you know who I am" line on occasion. Now she can enjoy the downside of fame, every media outlet will cover he shenanigans in the slammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    Every prisoner's letters are public record but when you are just someone with no name recognition, nobody cares about you. She had no problem being in the spotlight when she was on the clown counsel, and even used the "do you know who I am" line on occasion. Now she can enjoy the downside of fame, every media outlet will cover he shenanigans in the slammer.
    Now just to affirm my position here, I am not trying to create the Monica Conyers Support group. She got what was coming to her and her idea of getting out of jail is a joke. However, the fact that the media would report on this is an attempt to humiliate her even when she is down. She is in jail, she is an convicted felon and her name is mud. This dog don't need to be kicked any further. The media need something to report on and what do know, Monica Conyers wrote a ridiculous letter. She's back.....

I'd give her another year or two for contempt of court because of that letter.

Buy American Guest

Now just to affirm my position here, I am not trying to create the Monica Conyers Support group. She got what was coming to her and her idea of getting out of jail is a joke. However, the fact that the media would report on this is an attempt to humiliate her even when she is down. She is in jail, she is an convicted felon and her name is mud. This dog don't need to be kicked any further. The media need something to report on and what do know, Monica Conyers wrote a ridiculous letter. She's back.....
    I disagree R8RBOB. When the text messages came out between thug KK and his lover, was that an attempt to humiliate him and her? thug KK was elected by the public and his misdeeds needed to be made public. He, AND Conyers both stole from the public, so whatever they do to try to weasel their way out of prison needs to be put out there for everyone to be aware of. After all, these two will more than likely try to get back into politics and some Detroit taxpayers may even feel that they deserve to be back in office. With the type of knowledge that is made public, that may change the minds of many. After reading this three page letter that Conyers wrote, looking at the printing, the spelling errors...would you want her in some leadership role?
    Last edited by Buy American; April-12-11 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    I disagree R8RBOB. When the text messages came out between thug KK and his lover, was that an attempt to humiliate him and her? thug KK was elected by the public and his misdeeds needed to be made public. He, AND Conyers both stole from the public, so whatever they do to try to weasel their way out of prison needs to be put out there for everyone to be aware of. After all, these two will more than likely try to get back into politics and some Detroit taxpayers may even feel that they deserve to be back in office. With the type of knowledge that is made public, that may change the minds of many. After reading this three page letter that Conyers wrote, looking at the printing, the spelling errors...would you want her in some leadership role?
    a. thug KK and his lover were public officials. They were fair game.
    b. thug KK and Conyers did steal and commit crimes while they held their offices and both were punished.
    c. we both know that thug KK is going to a federal pen in the future and Conyers have no future in Detroit. She was elected because of her husband's last name. It's not like she's a Erma Henderson.
    d. as for the letter, we know she was never in her right mind. Detroiters have no desire to go down that road again.

As they say, "out of sight, out of mind." I don't waste my days thinking about the misadventures of Monica Conyers.

Buy American Guest

a. thug KK and his lover were public officials. They were fair game.
    a. So was Monica Conyers.

You have a bigger heart than I do R8R...I wish I could be more forgiving.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast