Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Ford Piquette Plant

Had anyone visited the Historical Ford Piquette Plant? I had visited there recently and the antique Model T cars and trucks were awesome. The price is only $10 until July or August. The plant opens every day

LodgeDodger Guest

Actually, they're open until Mid-November. Last time I was there, everything was moved around because they were installing the new sprinkler systems.

http://tplex.org/1_whatyouwillsee.html

Last time I was there, they had several cars by various early manufacturers located in Milwaukee Junction, most of them pre 1915. It was rather fascinating, if only to realize how many different car companies were located within the sqaure mile surrounding the New Center.

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtragedy View Post
    Last time I was there, they had several cars by various early manufacturers located in Milwaukee Junction, most of them pre 1915. It was rather fascinating, if only to realize how many different car companies were located within the sqaure mile surrounding the New Center.
    IIRC in that area, we had a Regal, two Flanders [[one restored and one unrestored), 2 Hupmobiles, Studebaker [[of course), a curved-dash Olds, and a 1908 Cadillac.