Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Lost at Sea

DetroitDad Guest

Default Lost at Sea

Sigh.... does anyone else feel lost at sea? Where are we going? Can we fight these stormy skies?

Doubt it. Nobody wants to traverse through the center of the storm, they just want to veer to the far left or the far right of it. If we had a captain that was a realist not an ideologue we would be alright. I just don't see it, as the passengers of this ship only want ideologies not true solutions.

Lost at sea implies hope.

I dun bin sunk and am surrounded by the wreckage of the rusting hulk.

In my humble opinion.....its going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitDad View Post
    Sigh.... does anyone else feel lost at sea? Where are we going? Can we fight these stormy skies?
    This sounds like the "malaise" Carter talked about. If you don't understand what the problem is, you can't understand how to solve it.

But where do you stand on the turtle issue?

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    I wish I was one.

Nope, she's done. Might as well wrap it up. At least everybody gave it their best shot. It's been a slice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    I thought you were going to say that the turtles had all gone extinct. That would have been the last straw. Aaaargh!

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Nope, she's done. Might as well wrap it up. At least everybody gave it their best shot. It's been a slice.
    Easy for you to say Mr. One-foot-in-the-grave! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    Nobody wants to traverse through the center of the storm, they just want to veer to the far left or the far right of it.
    I'm sure you meant to say to the port or starboard of it. Meanwhile, I'm heading for the poopdeck.

Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    I thought you were going to say that the turtles had all gone extinct. That would have been the last straw. Aaaargh!
    No, the turtles seem to be doing well. As a matter of fact, just this morning I steered around a snapping turtle lumbering across the street. I had forgotten how large those things get. His shell was about a foot long front to back.

DetroitDad Guest

Thank god for light houses!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    I'm sure you meant to say to the port or starboard of it. Meanwhile, I'm heading for the poopdeck.
    Absolutely. And thank you for educating the readers so they know the proper terms. I didn't want to go over their heads.

lilpup Guest

On the plus side at sea you can just chuck all your electronic gadgets overboard and not have to deal with anything except your own mind and opinions...

[[WHY can't I learn to stop feeding trolls???)

At sea you really ought to have your GPS, LORAN, VHF, SSB, EPIRB, RADAR and maybe a PBJ and a PBR.

DetroitDad Guest

PBJ is pretty economical for all the nutrition it can provide.

Are there still lost ghost ships floating around the oceans?

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Det_ard View Post
    At sea you really ought to have your GPS, LORAN, VHF, SSB, EPIRB, RADAR and maybe a PBJ and a PBR.
    How can you be lost if you have all that with you??