Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default GM/Rencen lighting up the skyline, looks great

I see GM is now also lighting up with bands of color the office towers one by one, the back tower is now lighting up at the top of it..on top of the big blue band on the marriot.
    This is really going to look great on our skyline, especially at night, have a wonderful view of it from my residence on the 17th floor overlooking downtown. very impressive
    Nice to see something refreshing, heaven knows we need it.

agrahlma Guest

I noticed it last night - I like it.

I noticed it too, looks a bit tacky but still I don't mind. If they're LEDs, all the better, because that doesn't eat up too much power to light up.

Got to admit, I really do like it,, I have been to columbus and cincinatti lately and they have done some similar things to their buildings,, ours looks alot nicer,, all the bands of color with the other buildings downtown that are aglow at night provide an interesting compliment of styles..

How about the lighting on David Stott? That's also very welcome.

ubet Joseph, great building, great architecture.. the lighting looks wonderful on that also,, I wish some on this , could see what we enjoy at night.

Pictures would help

Today the GM logo has been replaced with the Tiger's old English "D" [[probably for opening day) it looks really cool!

I believe I heard they were to light up the 100 [[Marriot Tower) and the other 2 towers nearest Jefferson, but none facing the river. Does anyone else know anything? Unlike the old sign, this one is at least visible from afar. I could see it from the Sheldon Rd. overpass on M-14 a couple weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by esp1986 View Post
    Unlike the old sign, this one is at least visible from afar. I could see it from the Sheldon Rd. overpass on M-14 a couple weeks ago.
    Seconded. Sometimes it I kind of reminds me of the Eye of Gondor. All they need to add is giant spotlight.