Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Writers

Default Writers

Any writers want to meet for brooding/writing sessions in a dive bar? I do.

Oh, that sounds good! Wish I could come, but I'm a bit stuck here in the UK for the moment. But good luck with this Amy and when I come to Detroit next time I may well take you up on it!

Barbara, I just read your wikipedia page, and am thrilled to cross virtual paths with you - you're my kinda person, and I suspect we could ramble for hours in a dark pub.

We'll do that next time I'm in the city, I promise. The best pubs are the dark ones.

I know the perfect bar downtown.

Which one you have in mind, Zaddik?

How are you guys going to be able to see to write in the dark?

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Touch typing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    The glow of the juke is my favorite way to write. In fact, I do mandatory writing stints where I can't stop writing until the songs I've played are finished. And then you get to drink beer and commiserate until the next stint. Games are the only way I get anything done.

Yeah, I would be interested.

Steve's Bar by St. Andrews. Plain, simple, dark, its been years since I was in it though. Maybe its had a facelift over the years.

You know the Anchor Bar also has a lot of historical significance for the "news" people who have frequented it over the years. We can try to guess the names of the people whose photos are above the bar. I so far think I can name 6 but there are many more to figure out.