Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default New Marine commercial in Detroit

I saw this commercial during the NCAA Basketball game Saturday. Nice commercial about a soldier from Detroit. They are obviously taking advantage of the success of the Chrysler commercial.

https://www.examiner.com/commercials...mmercial-video

Quote Originally Posted by kenp View Post
    I saw this commercial during the NCAA Basketball game Saturday. Nice commercial about a soldier from Detroit. They are obviously taking advantage of the success of the Chrysler commercial.

https://www.examiner.com/commercials...mmercial-video
    The commercial actually began airing around the time of the Super Bowl. I first saw it while I was in the middle of discussing the Chrysler ad with some friends at a bar.

See the extended play version of Capt. Williams here:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/OurMarin.../3/YABQlgtpaJY

Quote Originally Posted by kenp View Post
    Soldiers are in the Army.

Capt. Williams is a Marine.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnemecek View Post
    Soldiers are in the Army.

Capt. Williams is a Marine.
    Jarhead jargon.

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    Jarhead jargon.
    No. not really "jargon", just the correct term. A "soldier" refers to a member of the land forces or of an Army. Marines are defined as a naval service that exists entirely within the Department of the Navy [[ahem, as the saying goes... the "Men's" Department) and is composed of "amphibious" units composed of land, sea and air elements....hence the distinction. Someone in the Air force isn't a "soldier" either.

Baily is 100% correct.

Army = soldiers
    Air Force = airmen
    Navy = sailors, seaman, etc.
    Marines are Marines, and recognized newspaper style is to capitalize Marines when referring to members of the U.S. Marine Corps -- "soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines."

Marines is lowercase when referring in general terms to naval infantry. "South Korean marines repelled the attack."

I didnt mean to insult either the Marines or the Army, I was merely ignorant of the differance in a soldier.
    Still a great commercial.