Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Detroit Restaurant Week 2011

Has anyone been to any restaurants participating this year?

So far have been to Coach and Roast and both have hit it out of the park with service and food. Next up is 24 Grille Spa.

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tarkus View Post
    Has anyone been to any restaurants participating this year?

So far have been to Coach and Roast and both have hit it out of the park with service and food. Next up is 24 Grille Spa.

You'll love 24 Grille. We are trying Iridescence for the first time.

Anyone been to Cuisine in New Center?

Opus One is definitely top notch.

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BrushStart View Post
    Anyone been to Cuisine in New Center?

Opus One is definitely top notch.
    I personally think Cuisine is overpriced and really not a good value. That venue was so much better when it was Il Posto, in my opinion.

Agree with you on Opus One [[though it's been awhile since we've been there); I'd add the others mentioned here as well as Coach Insignia.

Thanks for the heads up. Not sure where I'm going yet, Atlas Global is also high up on my list, as well as Roast, since I haven't been there yet.

Will be at Coach Insignia Thursday night. Lobster Corndogs? Yes please!

Quote Originally Posted by JROLLA View Post
    Will be at Coach Insignia Thursday night. Lobster Corndogs? Yes please!

Those were the bomb!!! So tender

Make sure to get the Brussels sprouts at Roast, no kidding you'll be eating them like popcorn.

We went to 24Grille last night! Absolutely wonderful! The fried oyster app was killer! We will definetly be back.

Last fall we went to the Whitney for DRW, and it was incredible. Service was amazing, food was delicious and we definitely felt like we got a deal.

Last spring I went to Andiamo Riverfront - kind of felt like we got a deal, but absolutely got great food and amazing service. The best was the view. They sat us near the window and we got to watch the frighters go down the river - awesome.

Also last spring I went Rattlesnake. Superb service. The prime rib was killer...and I'm not a huge fan of big chunks of meat. The lobster risotto, however, was bland kind of a bummer.

I also love Caucus Club and Roast, although I've not been to these places during DRW.

I'm trying Mosaic and Opus One for the first time this week. Looking foward to it.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20110...estaurant-Week

DRW preview for imbibers: http://www.detnews.com/article/20110...estaurant-Week

Angelina's was outstanding---going to Iridescence this week.