Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Dog Tags of Zigmond A. Spakowski,Jr

This morning I went for a walk on Belle Isle and went out to the light house on the eastern tip of the island.I noticed some trash laying around by the trash cans along with some returnable bottles and in the bottom of one of the bags was a set of keys with a dog tag with this name engraved on it,Zigmond A Spakowski,Jr.This was the first place I thought about when I found them.Hopefully someone on here recognizes this person and I can return the dog tags along with the set of keys that were attached to them.

His info is listed on whitepages.com

There are quite a few people from this forum who frequent that area and that is why i started here.And finding a white pages phone book is a quest in itself.Do they still make them?

Thanks for the help.With technology like we have all you have to do to find someone is go to the internet. Just check Whitepages.com.....

Try ZabaSearch.com - he's listed there.

are they actual military dog tags or are they just like an identity tag....

I was able to contact them yesterday and give the keys back.They had already changed the locks on the doors.They lost the keys while walking their dogs on the Island on Saturday,I found them on Sunday and on Monday they had their keys back.

You're a good man

Ryanguard...thanks for being a good person and doing what it took to get them back to their rightful owner. You ARE a good man! God Bless You!

WTG, Ryan. Gold star from me.

two thumbs up.......

Glad you found them and returned them. The people on this forum are good folks.

I was happy that I could find the person whose keys were lost.In this day and age not too many people would have done what I did but I am an honest person and was raised to return property to its rightfull owner.I know I would have wanted at least the dog tags gettting back to their rightfull owner.He earned those tags,serving in the military.I chose to work in the State Civil Service as a Corrections Officer and feel proud that I was able to return those dogtags.