Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Claude Lemieux

Default Claude Lemieux

Claude Lemieux and Darren McCarty signed autographs together at Gibraltar Trade Center in Mt. Clemens. I can't believe any true Red Wings fan would want an autograph from one of the most hated individuals in this city. He almost crippled Chris Draper and never apoligized for the hit. I think the people there were just autograph fans, and would want any autograph even if it was from Osama bin Laden.

Yeah, I live up here in Mt. Clem and had no interest in seeing either of those guys, even together. Apparently they have buried the hatchet and need $$. Kinda reeks of a ploy if you ask me. I was too busy watching the Wings win b-2-b games anyways.

The rivalry was sacred lore. Seeing how both of these guys broke bread at the same table irked me and ruined a part of that storied rivalry. And for what? A coupla bucks?

I know DMac has fallen on some hard times of having to sell his Stanley Cup rings. And hearing him on the radio is painful; I really wish prior to going on the air, the station would at least prep him with material so he doesn't sound so clueless [[his take on the NCAA Basketball was sad). I guess he really does need the cash if he had to sit within smelling distance of Claude Lemeiux.

And after seeing the pics in the Freep of the signing- McCarty looked really bad. As much as I despise that bag of pus, Claude Lemeiux- at least he showed up in a jacket and looked less like a total d-bag. Poor Darren McCarty looked as though he was just sprung from the correctional facility. Someone clean that poor guy up even if he was going to the Gibraltar Trade Center.