Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Pot Rules?

Default Pot Rules?

Read the paper today and still seems legalization of MJ is an issue.

Would people get over this please.

Our dearest friend died last year and MJ gave him relief while he lived. Picture me an older woman making buys at corner stores. Sooo embarassing. I would do it again for love, but really folks, there are people that this helps mitigate pain.

We had him in home hospice his last few months where "Legal" morphine was dumped into his system. His last few days he wanted to be aware of his surroundings, family and friends and refused the morphine. Made my last "purchase" for him but wondered would I be arrested?

As to the high factor, still wish folks would grow up. Most likely it is safer than alcohol.or cigarettes.

Sumas... sad to hear he finally passed. It's nice that you cared so much for a non-family member. Most people don't even help their own family out as much as you did a friend...

On a brighter note... your thread title should have been.... "Pot Rules!!"

I bet that no pot smoker ever got glaucoma or anorexia!!!

I agree, the laws are so vague when it comes to dispensaries. If your a patient or caregiver its pretty clear as far as I can see but I havent a clue as to how the dispensaries can handle the amount of pot needed to supply all the patients when your not supposed to have over a few ounces of dried flowers.

Lumping pot in with all other drugs is a joke. The drug war is a complete failure and I believe we should be looking at Portugal as to what happens when drugs are legalized. They did it over ten years ago but you never read about that anywhere in the papers or even online much.

Over 40,000 people died in Mexico alone in the past five years because drugs are illegal and the underground cartels control the trade. They deal with about 30 drug related homicides every day. Even the former president of Mexico has called for legalization, the problem is the CIA and other government agencies still make way too much money running the trade for them to ever let that go of that cash cow.

Sorry to get off topic.

Go Pot..

sumas:
    Sorry to hear of your friend's death. I have nothing against the use of medical marijuana by people who have been diagnosed with debilitating illnesses.

As to the high factor, still wish folks would grow up.
    Which means what?

Most likely it is safer than alcohol.or cigarettes.
    That doesn't sound like the conclusion from a study. And you can't lump all types of mj into one category. I recently watched again that doc on mj made by a British reporter. The issue of synthesizing the important ingredients of mj was discussed. When the reporter took only THC, she became irritable and paranoid. When she took a combination of THC and cannabinoids she giggled uncontrollably.

Which study is that Maxx. Im betting theres a hundred studies that will counter that one.
    I believe your speaking of Marinol, the synthetic pill form of THC which has gone nowhere. Most cancer patients prefer straight marijuana by smoking or ingesting. What are the facts of this study you read? Link?

Marijuana affects ppl differently, some, like me, many in fact dont really enjoy it and do become paranoid but many ppl reap the benefits of pain relief and retain their appetite back. Some just enjoy a light buzz after work but compared to smokes and booze, sheeeeeit,

Millions of ppl use marijuana regularly and it hasnt killed one single person, whats not to like? Booze has killed mor ppl than all drugs combined., ciggs are close behind. BTW, I would never condone the advertising of commercial marijuana like the booze and cigg companies have.

Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    sumas:
    Sorry to hear of your friend's death. I have nothing against the use of medical marijuana by people who have been diagnosed with debilitating illnesses.

Which means what?

That doesn't sound like the conclusion from a study. And you can't lump all types of mj into one category. I recently watched again that doc on mj made by a British reporter. The issue of synthesizing the important ingredients of mj was discussed. When the reporter took only THC, she became irritable and paranoid. When she took a combination of THC and cannabinoids she giggled uncontrollably.
    That lady had all sorts of other issues, which were quite apparent before she smoked anything.

Django, I agree that probably no one has died directly from pot.

However, I would wager a few ran into telephone poles or a ditch and died......probably while trying to eat more butter popcorn whilst driving.
    I think the issue there is yet to be a way to accurately judge someone's impairment while driving has affected legalization efforts.

Where was it......Ferndale where the cops raided a legal dispensary, guns drawn, and dragged everyone out to jail? What I find amusing in this, as cops used the rationale for years, well maybe I agree that pot is kinda harmless but we MUST updhold the law. What a shitload of irony that is.

Mikefmich, driving while impaired is illegal, just as it should be. Thats not a reason to keep Mj Illegal. No doubt we all know a few ppl who have died by or from drunken driving but would making booze illegal cure the problem? Im sure there are a few deaths from smoking pot while driving but far fewer than drunk driving. I think we all know the joke about the stoned driver being pulled over for driving 35 in a 65.
    When I mentioned deaths related to booze, ciggs and pot I was referring to illnesses caused by that specific drug.

I agree for the most part about upholding the law but what if that law doesnt make sense? Its what our country was made from, thats why we are no longer ruled by the British if Im not mistaken. We have the choice to defy our laws and make a stink about it. When a majority of the ppl has a problem with a current law I say break it until the law is changed.

Hell, most of the founding fathers of our country grew pot, not for getting high of course but for the textile. It was the Dupont Company who were making headway in plastics around the 20s that saw hemp as a threat to their growing plastics industry, they started the hype such as Reefer Madness.

I could go on and on on this subject. if anyone wants an in depth view check out Jack Herers book The Emperor Wears No Cloths. It will tell you why pot is illegal today. Henry Ford was looking hard into using hemp for his bumpers as I remember reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandman View Post
    That lady had all sorts of other issues, which were quite apparent before she smoked anything.
    Who are you talking about? I hope not Sumas, thats family. BTW, she doesnt smoke the herb.

Of course I'm not talking about Sumas. Talking about the British lass that did that "documentary".

My bad Islandman.

Yes...pot does rule!