Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Creative solution for Neighborhood Connectivity

With some neighborhood completely wipeout, and no sign of growth. I came up with a solution to connect our few neighborhood without experiencing urban decay and sprawl while driving from one neighborhood to the next.

I believe we have about 15 to 20 different, destinctive, well densed neighborhoods hidden from surrounding decay in the city..So I came up with a plan to have winding roads similiar to palmer park or like Chicago's Lakeshore dr.? Surrounding neighborhoods with forest-like scape, NO retail ..jus recreational. Bike/running tracks, softball fields and tennis courts. Also have a crosstown lightrail line traveling the route.. connecting neighborhoods. I like the plan due to some goals of creating a healthy city and also beautifying our city which leads to a clean and safe environment. Its a simple solution to show off our great neighborhoods...create gateways. I think it will get the community involve and increase pride to keep up your area.

Whats your plans and concerns..let me know what u think..

gthomas,

I like your style and your motivation. Hopefully when I return to the city at some point during the later part of this year, I'm going to look you up.

I think you're a do'er and not a talker.

Thank you illwill!! We will hookup and talk about what we can do and stop complaining like most on here. My motivation came from being born and raised here...my mother and her tieds to the city. The creative class here is tremondous and we need to SUPPORT each other and move the city forward. Enough is Enough...tired off all this regional hate, crazy politicians. We the people can make change if your passionate. The success of many urban cities...Me leaving and returning to city and express my experience from many organization, people, living in other cities and seeing how they made it possible. We sit here and complain and bitter at each others...SHUT UP and pick up a broom, trash can, a book and change whats not working here. Being part of several fraternities, it allows me to be passionate, discipline and dedicated to never give up.

Hopefully you return soon...we need more of us around. Alot of folks are given up here...I believe if you want CHANGE, you have to be the CHANGE you want to see. By leaving and abandoning my city will not help, as many did. I WILL NEVER TURN MY BACK ON MY CITY. I will be an Ambassador soon here and a good example of a LEADER.

Gthomas, I like your enthusiasm! I'm an optimist myself [[some may say, quixotic and naive), and just got my keys to my new place this afternoon. I am thrilled and excited to be coming back to the city, love the house, love the neighborhood, and am committed to it.

What I've done [[and plan to do much, much more) is contribute volunteer time and funds to Detroit non profit organizations and groups that are already working towards neighborhood revitalization. There are so many of them, and many of their leaders and volunteers post on this forum. They always could use a hand, and most people in the grassroots nonprofit community are friendly, pragmatic, and down to earth. It's just a matter of what you're interested in, and where you'd like to spend your time and efforts.

Yes I have done my part in certain communities through non profit organizations including Greening of Detroit, planted those Jefferson av street trees last spring and was featured in Metrotimes. Im part of many non profit organizations here and try to help in many ways. Name:  24121_510960680127_158600546_30248551_7651117_a.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  13.2 KB

thats me you guys..