Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Places to Watch Euro Soccer

Are there any area bars\clubs [[preferably east side) that are good for viewing English Premier League and UEFA Champions League soccer games while drinking good beer?

I have not heard any, but would love to know also.

If you don't succeed in finding a good drinking spot with football, try Rojadirecta.

Wanted to check in this thread and see if anyone has heard of a place in the city that will show the EPL games starting on August 13 at 10:00am. I know that the Motor City Supporters Club have watch parties at the Claddagh in Livonia, but am hoping that there is another place closer to downtown. Any ideas of what sports bars are open that early in the morning near downtown or midtown?

If you have cable, FSN offers EPL games each weekend + odds/ends, like the ManU-Barca match. It's a slight xtra charge, but in HD is really great.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimg View Post
    If you have cable, FSN offers EPL games each weekend + odds/ends, like the ManU-Barca match. It's a slight xtra charge, but in HD is really great.
    I don't have cable yet, but hopefully in September I will have it. Are you talking about FSN Detroit, or Fox Soccer Channel? Do you know which cable company offers Fox Soccer Channel?

Oops, yeah it is Fox Soccer, I have it from Comcast. Matches every Sat/Sun, and ESPN2 usually has a Friday match. I checked about a year ago for other carriers, but the dish people didn't have it. Might be different nowadays.

PS - usually 2-3 matches each weekend day, and they are often repeated late night or next day. I'd prefer to see Arsenal every weekend but those Blue London bastards usually get the nod...Man City is every worse....

I have the Fox Soccer Channel on Comcast, watch it all the time. I would love to come downtown to watch some matches with like minded fans. Looking forward to a big year for my Chelsea Blues. Drogba and Torres, lets fire up!

... I wish Detroit had a pro soccer team [[again).. I remember getting some free tickets, years ago, going to Cobo to see "the Rockers" [[?)..

Lefty's puts on Champions League matches usually

Cool, I'll have to check out Lefty's. That is one of the best places for Wings games as well. Go Fulham / Dempsey!

Attention everyone, there is a place to watch all UEFA champions league games this fall and its at RUB BBQ located downtown at 18 W Adams across from Comerica Park. This fall they will start to open Saturday mornings @ 7am to accommodate all soccer fans. They have 30 tvs and have the largest beer selection downtown with 30 beers on draft and over 100 beers in house. Any questions feel free to call the restaurant at 313-964-0782

Default RUB BBQ: UEFA Champions & Euro soccer Headquarters

Attention everyone, there is a place to watch all UEFA champions league games this fall and its at RUB BBQ located downtown at 18 W Adams across from Comerica Park. This fall they will start to open Saturday mornings @ 7am to accommodate all soccer fans. They have 30 tvs and have the largest beer selection downtown with 30 beers on draft and over 100 beers in house. Any questions feel free to call the restaurant at 313-964-0782

Quote Originally Posted by chaldo30 View Post
    nice, you guys should show some US games too

Will they allow their buddies at LAX to come down and start shooting?

only if they root against man u

Can we get some MLS?

FUCK RUB BBQ and it's scumbag, liar owner!

I watched a soccer game once. I'd rather watch grass grow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    It all leads up to this................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbn3rOPmR9w

I am still promoting the boycott of Rub BBQ until they clean up the mess created by their tenants at LAX.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    I think your confusing the NFL/Detroit Lions with Soccer.

I dont like 2 post count people advertising.
    Dont foreigners run RUB? Kinda funny for a BBQ joint and would explain the upstairs problems.

Quote Originally Posted by corktownyuppie View Post
    I am still promoting the boycott of Rub BBQ until they clean up the mess created by their tenants at LAX.
    Second that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast