Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

DetroitDad Guest

Default FRIENDLY REMINDER; Don't forget to turn your clocks forward an hour tonight!

Don't forget to spring forward tonight, and set the clocks up an hour, before you go to bed.

Uhhh, wasn't that like three weeks ago?

Insert joke here:

That's what happens when you......
    a) set your calendar back 19 days and forget to reset it!
    b) own an iPhone!

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Uhhh, wasn't that like three weeks ago?
    April Fools Day.

No joke! Tonight's the night.

The Official U.S. Time

Even in the age of 'smart-phones' I love various watches and just set mine 'forward' an hour so as to not forget. Clocks too. I always do it during the day the day before...
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-10-13 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Even in the age of 'smart-phones' I love various watches and just set mine back an hour so as to not forget. Clocks too. I always do it during the day the day before...

I hope you mean set it forward? Like in Spring forward.

Since it's been determined that monkeying with the dates that DST kicks in and out hasn't saved any energy, which almost everyone predicted was going to be the case, can we please put it back the way it was?

Question: When I lived in Detroit back in the late 60's, early 70's, I used to travel back and forth between Michigan and Illinois. As I remember it, it was confusing during daylight savings time, [[different time zones.) Back then, did Michigan not observe daylight savings time?

DST is just plain stupid.

Oh yeah. I meant to 'say' I set then ALL FORWARD! Or I'd be in big trouble. THINK SPRING!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Question: When I lived in Detroit back in the late 60's, early 70's, I used to travel back and forth between Michigan and Illinois. As I remember it, it was confusing during daylight savings time, [[different time zones.) Back then, did Michigan not observe daylight savings time?
    Michigan adopted DST in 1967. Maybe you were thinking of Indiana, which didn't adpot it until 2006?

I don't think Michigan joined DST until 1973. And then complicating things was that year of extended DST that started in January of 1974.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    and Fall back

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    Michigan adopted DST in 1967. Maybe you were thinking of Indiana, which didn't adpot it until 2006?
    Indiana is screwy with DST, and time zones in general. The south- and north-west on central and observing DST, the rest on EST and NOT changing to DST until, I think, 2006.

In Indiana, in polite conversation you don't bring up politics, religion or time zones

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    In Indiana, in polite conversation you don't bring up politics, religion or time zones
    Nor the correct value for Pi

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    I don't think Michigan joined DST until 1973. And then complicating things was that year of extended DST that started in January of 1974.
    I was reasonably certain that there was a time of the year, during the late 60's, early 70's when both time zones were the same, and then other times when they were an hour different.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitDad View Post
    Don't forget to spring forward tonight, and set the clocks up an hour, before you go to bed.
    CRAP! I wish I'd seen this post earlier! Though it does explain a lot of things lately.