Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Dogs on the roof.

There was what looked like a large black rottweiler/pit[[dunno I'm not a dog person) on the roof of an appearantly abaondoned house on Linwood between Fenkell and Puritan today. This is the second time I've noticed them this week on the way from work to school. Today he had two friends barking at passers by.

If I see them tomorrow I'm probably gonna somebody. I don't wanna bother with 911 though.

Call the Detroit branch of the Michigan Human Society. They are the people who would handle that kind of thing: [[313) 872-3400

What are they doing wrong? Their contained right? Their not going to jump off the roof and eat somebody are they?

If they had two friends today they obviously have a way in an out. Does the roof have a door to it? A lot of old houses around here have doors going straight to the roof. Not much diff if its a window or a door I suppose though.

If you think their being neglected, starving, beaten, thats a different story though.

Although I didnt understand your last sentence Brizee.
    "If I see them tomorrow I'm probably gonna somebody. I don't wanna bother with 911 though"

Thanks. I'll dial them if I see them again.

And no this thing came through window. The other two were on the porch with no leash barking at people.

I had a friend who had dogs that would get through the window and hang out on his roof. They were cool. This is a different situation I guess.

What ever happened to that supposed piece on stray dogs in Detroit that got squashed. Anyone know if its ever going to get made?

Dogs on a roof do not bother me. Contained!

I am an early riser. let my dogs into back yard. Get a knock on my door at 7 am. My dogs are in their yard.

Did discover their exit path. So embarassed! Fixed problem but thank God for nice neighbors. Neither dog is mean or viscious. Still, apologies to neighbors.

Hey people, Detroit does have neighborhoods that look out for each other.

I was grateful to get my dogs back and equally grateful of area tolerance. Think about it, two dogs roving about. I adore my dogs but if someone shot them I could not complain.

All gratitude to my kind neighbor!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    What ever happened to that supposed piece on stray dogs in Detroit that got squashed. Anyone know if its ever going to get made?
    Are you talking about this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-bxTO_Q-5k

Doing a YouTube search on Detroit Dog Rescue brings up a bunch of videos...

Thanks Malcove, Ive seen that one but I remembering hearing about a major producer wanting to do a piece on strays in Detroit but somehow it was stopped by a higher up here in city Government somehow. Thats how I remember it anyway. I want to say Bing had something to do with stopping it but Im not sure. The guy who did that^ video may be the one who had the idea.

Dogs On The Roof
    I thought this was going to be about a new band or something.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Dogs On The Roof
    I thought this was going to be about a new band or something.

Or some sort of metaphor.

Sure beats seeing Spiderman and Batman on the roof!

Why?
    Detroit could use Spiderman and Batman about now.

Personally, Wonder Woman would be awesome. Also Superman did not die with Chris Reeve.

I was thinking it was a new restaurant, you know, like that one across the river, Ducks on the Roof.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara_10 View Post
    Why?
    Detroit could use Spiderman and Batman about now.
    Well I was referring to this infamous incident. Sorry you missed it ;-)

http://img2.moonbuggy.org/imgstore/g...n-the-roof.jpg

That's from the video "Pants on the Ground."

It might make a nice metaphor for headlice.

I've heard of people leaving dogs in vacant houses to protect the house or drugs. A neighbor moved and left left their dog in the house hoping to protect it from vandals/theives. We would see the dog on the top porch sometimes.