Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Thee Old Packard Plant - War Games for Paint Ball Fanatics

I love watch this video developed by Detroit News.

Spectacular!

I love the idea of using the Packard Plant for Paint Ball War Games! See the video below!

http://www.detnews.com/section/video...1/856573550001

Not all that long ago, there actually was a legal paintball company operating within the plant.

Now you can do it free.

Just have to be careful about the falling debris and crumbling walls.

Quote Originally Posted by HistoryNotHisStory View Post
    Now you can do it free.

Just have to be careful about the falling debris and crumbling walls.
    which is why I wouldn't want to do it there..

If you go to the far North end of the upper floor of the Packard there is the old paintball room. Lotsa hay on the floor and various structures used as barricades.

Ive found the floors on the East side of the complex pretty secure. Ive never noticed any falling debris or holes in the floor. The West side is a whole otther issue.

I tend to not trust the concrete steps throughout the plant with as much enthusiasm but I really have no reason other than my own fears of falling due to a previous experience in another building.

If I were a paintballer I would think the Packard would be a fantastic place to play. Ive always wanted to try it but I dont move as quick as I used to, I think Id quickly become a Ghetto Jackson Pollock.

But straight up, the Packard isnt really someplace people should be running around without knowing the terrain. When exploring you always have to be careful with every step. If you dont you might wind up like me with a titanium femur, one working eye, and a few days in county under your belt..

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post

But straight up, the Packard isnt really someplace people should be running around without knowing the terrain. When exploring you always have to be careful with every step. If you dont you might wind up like me with a titanium femur, one working eye, and a few days in county under your belt..
    Damn, Django, that would make a pretty convincing public service announcement.