Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Detroit Boat Club Crew Brings home the hardware!

2009 Midwest Junior Rowing Championships - still in process at Harsha Lake in Cincinnati. You can view live results at:

http://racetrak.com/regatta.asp?CurrRegattaID=223

Detroit Boat Club B boat has picked up Gold in the Girls 2nd Novice 4+ Final.

Finals continue throughout today

Hey Crew....congratulations to the gals in the Girls 2nd Novice 4+ for picking up the Gold. I know how much really hard work goes into training for this sport, and you all have my respect for the work you've done. Good Luck.

Let's see.....port is....uh....right, and starboard is....well, it must be left. I think. Now if I can only remember which sides the red and green lights go on, maybe I can be a Commodore somewhere.

Ray1936 - your an old motorcycle cop, leave the ropes to the old Navy guys.

DBC Crew ended up medaling in 9 out of 18 events and have 14 rowers that are advancing to the Youth Nationals in June in Cincinnati!

Detroit Boat Club Crew is the host club for the Michigan High School and Junior Rowing Championships next Saturday the 23rd at Stoney Creek. Come on out and cheer them on!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Let's see.....port is....uh....right, and starboard is....well, it must be left. I think. Now if I can only remember which sides the red and green lights go on, maybe I can be a Commodore somewhere.
    Flashing back to the boater safety course I took years ago:

Red on the Port side. Green on the Starboard side.
    http://boat-ed.com/mi/course/p3-5_navigationlights.htm

Many boat clubs conduct rowing and sailing competitions all around the year. Boat clubs compete against each other to be labeled as the best boat club. You can meet a lot of people in these competitions both young and old who are interested in sailing and rowing.

LodgeDodger Guest

Congratulations!

Red Right Returning.

Rowing has always been on the bucket list. Whenever I decide to sign up, I chicken out. I'm afraid of water.