Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun Videos

Default A Cool Way To Get To School

Kids in a remote mountain town and there is only one easy way to make it to school. Zip cord. Crazy. I couldn't do it.
    They're in mountainous Las Piñas, Columbia. They ride a zip line over a gorge. The zip line is so long and high that they can't see the other end.
    Last edited by Jimaz; May-11-10 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post

A Cool Way To Get To School
    They're in mountainous Las Piñas, Columbia. They ride a zip line over a gorge. The zip line is so long and high that they can't see the other end.

If that equipment wasn't so scary, that'd be some righteous fun.

dfunkycity Guest

I think id rather eat fried turkey testicles.

Default Best of elevator

I've actually pulled this prank myself on an elevator. The elevator door makes a natural theatrical curtain that slowly and dramatically reveals the scene. It's guaranteed to get a grin from an absolute stranger every time.

Default Granny and The Airbag

A mother watches her children skateboard when some old granny crosses the street and pwns a cool car.

Default Experimental Psychology - Change Blindness

Not so much funny as interesting. I'd bet some con artists take advantage of this phenomenon. It's like a Candid Camera stunt.

A special case of information-selection by the human cognitive system. The brain seems to select the information worth processing, or most relevant, at every instant, in almost every context. This might produce some very specific phenomena such as what psychologists call "Change Blindness."

Default Stand By Me - International Version

Almost the best song ever done. But the guy who had the sing along with "Hey Jude" when the airport in New Jersey was at a standstill is my hero.

Tracey Ullman Show... "City of Strangers" skit to the tune of "In the Jungle"....

Funniest Bus Stop musical video ever....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7f4Vv9ubKs

Default TEDTalks: The amazing intelligence of crows

Hacker and writer Joshua Klein is fascinated by crows. [[Notice the gleam of intelligence in their little black eyes?) After a long amateur study of corvid behavior, he's come up with an elegant machine that may form a new bond between animal and human. [[2008)
    And I'm still trying with limited success to train our squirrels to clean our rain gutters by foraging for peanuts there.

Blarf Guest

Fun video for those who like weird musical instruments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VntYDxsbpL8

R. Crumb need I say more? Roger Ebert says it all on the directors cut/

Okay, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with the ideas expressed in this video. I do like its rich visual effects and its challenge to orthodoxy along the lines of Watts' Zen and The Beat Way, Koyaanisqatsi, My Dinner With Andre, Equus, etc. Viewers might want to arm the pause button for the rapidfire sequences.

Terence Mckenna giving his view on how we define the mentally ill because we haven't got any place in our society to put these strange perceptions of reality that some people experience and how we should not fear these states but be confident and turn them into some sort of planetary worldview. The video speaks for itself.

Default Chimpanzee rides Segway

Default Water Ceiling Prank

This guy is in so much trouble.

Default The Toys Dolphins Make

Watch the dolphins at SeaWorld Orlandos Dolphin Cove as they artfully create and play with underwater bubble rings and hear what SeaWorlds trainers, educators and guests have to say about this fun and fascinating behavior.
    Last edited by Jimaz; May-11-10 at 07:37 PM.

Default Wallet or Handgun?

Michael Moore sheds light on the fact that some cops have a hard time distinguishing a wallet from a gun.

Reporter gets too close to his story.

The main website is a lot of fun, but try this, a series of different "clips" on different channels. No context to any of them, but you can change channels with a left click on your mouse. Just bizzare.

http://www.neave.com/television/

I'm sure the content changes all the time, so beware !

I like it. It reminds me of the creative amateur films shown in the 80s on Night Flight.

Bizarre films like Face Like a Frog were pretty typical of Night Flight fare.

Default Cyriak

I can't get enough of Cyriak. Here's just a sample. There's lots more.

Cyriak's YouTube Channel

[Cyriak] on the news

This seems to be the most recent Cyriak creation: Cycles. Give it a chance to develop.

Reporter gets too close to his story.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Well done Jimaz...a first.
    What he said.

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast