Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun Videos

I just started watching the Stephen Colbert Monroe public access show on YouTube. I'd link it for you but I'm on my android tablet.
    So far so funny!
    How he got there with Eminem is beyond me. But I needed the Colbert fix until September.
    Just search Colbert public access on youtube, and pick the 40 minute video.

How cool !!!!!!!!

This made the front page of today's Free Press: Eminem sings Seger as Colbert hosts Monroe public access show

The 40-minute video: Only In Monroe --- July 2015

He's funny even without an audience!

Default Toto - Africa

A long overdue link repair:

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    An epistemological pretzel:

The correct answer is: July 16 [[select that space to expose its content), but why is this the correct answer?
    Dang! I admit-I'm stumped. I never claimed to be Mensa material.

Marshall Efron makes a pie. My brother said that this video he saw at a Science Museum affected him greatly.

Default Something Weird Exploitica

Total duration 1 hour 28 minutes:
    [[WTF2 Not safe for this galaxy. Contains some yodeling.)

Default Sister Tries To Sell Her Brother To The Pet Store

Rachel explaining an easy way to get the toy owl she wants.
    Her empathetic guilt is unwittingly revealed by her repeated "Don't worry. We're going to get you back."

Her brother is oblivious to his fate.

The free market "solves" all problems [[in the mind of this conniving little innocent capitalistic sociopath).
    Last edited by Jimaz; November-14-15 at 11:21 PM.

Default Historic Rocket Landing

Blue Origin’s New Shepard space vehicle successfully flew to space, reaching its planned test altitude of 329,839 feet [[100.5 kilometers) before executing a historic landing back at the launch site in West Texas.
    I don't know if I'd call that a success. What's with all that oscillation toward the end of descent? There's no crosswind. The Apollo LEM never wobbled like that even under manual control. There's no reason they shouldn't be able to set that thing down perfectly plumb all the way down.

Default Mystery of Death Valley's Moving Stones Solved

For decades, scientists have been trying to solve Death Valley's mystery of the "moving stones." Now, two scientists say they have figured out what makes the rocks move on the desert floor. WSJ's Monika Auger reports.

It's not often that a decades-old mystery gets solved. This is the kind of relentless dedication needed to resolve Detroit's DetroitYES Home » Discuss Detroit » Low-level HUM Bothering Anyone Else? mystery.

^^^ Dr. Venkman: "Ray, the sponges migrated about a foot-and-a-half."

Yet, more fan geekiness as Star Wars gets way hyped [[I better not see Artoo and C3PO give some "Wish we could be there" hologram message as their only appearance in the next flick), and to admit, I'm not looking forward to any of ithttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwtgQIweqk0. Though Star Wars was one of the catalysts for the torrent of film parodies we now have online [[it started with "Troops" in 1997, but officially it was "Hardware Wars" back in the '70s), and my brother was always the vigilant one to point one such gems as these: Someone creatively took Mark Hamill's voice from the Joker work he did on the Batman cartoons [[along with Bane from Batman 3) and made this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agcc7w8YmHoand then there is Mark Hamill walking Hollywood Blvd.

Some nutty guys I once knew from the punk rock house [[hint: pet store owner) moved to Grand Rapids and played in a few bands, and I guess, they are now working with films. This one reminds me of the dark, ravenous scourge my mother recently adopted.

DetroitYES Home » Detroit Connections » Fun Videos » Truman Capote's "A Christmas Memory" [[1966)

The color version omits some segments so I prefer this black & white version instead.

The sound is monaural and so comes through only the left channel on my earbuds. I found if I pulled the earbud plug out a notch and turned the volume up, the sound comes through both earbuds although still monaural.

Geraldine Page passed away in 1987.

Merry Christmas.

Total duration 1 hour 8 minutes

It's outrageouser!

Default President Obama on Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee w/ Jerry Seinfeld

Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee: "Just Tell Him You’re The President” [[Season 7, Episode 1)....

President Barack Obama will be Jerry Seinfeld's first guest when the seventh season of his online talk show, "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee," opens Dec. 30.

The show features the New York comedian picking up fellow comics in classic cars and taking them out for coffee and conversation.

Obama and Seinfeld spoke at the White House earlier this month. The White House says they took turns circling the South Lawn in a 1963 Corvette Stingray split window coupe before chatting over coffee in a basement dining room. They spoke about what makes White House life both remarkable and routine.

Default The weird science hidden inside Canadian money

Default Deng Thiak Adut Unlimited

Last edited by Jimaz; January-11-16 at 10:14 PM.

↑ Best played full screen to better read the centered captions. Arm the pause button for some amazing still shots.

Lyrics:
    When did we lose our way?
    Easier to let it go [[mmm...)

Call me when you've made up your mind but you won't
    Caught up in the way that you played my heart
    Only love could ever hit this hard

[[The brief audio pause emphasizing the culture change here is genius.)

Oh, don't be scared about it
    Don't forget it was real
    Do you remember the way it made you feel?
    Do you remember the things it let you feel?

Oh, when you think about it
    Do you remember me?
    Do you remember the way it made you feel?
    Do you remember the things it let you feel?

Last edited by Jimaz; January-13-16 at 11:29 PM.

Default The Chickening [[2016)

Classic Film Remix by Nick DenBoer & Davy Force. Official selection TIFF40 and Sundance 2016.

If you ever see someone laughing hysterically [[instead of recoiling in horror) at The Shining, this is why.
    Last edited by Jimaz; January-30-16 at 08:11 PM.

A curious sequel:Does Canadian money really smell like maple syrup? With Matt Parker

How cool would it be if Canada actually made something like Scratch n' Sniff maple syrup currency?

This suggests starting a viral prank where participants plant maple syrup scents on Canadian currency.

U.S. currency would smell of cocaine.

Nostalgia as the perfect balance of sorrow and joy:

Default Tony Hawk Skates First Downward Spiral Loop - BTS

This is a crude attempt approaching a less crude attempt I made at developing a Velodrome based on Steve_Divnick's Spiral Wishing Well in the virtual reality environment of ActiveWorlds.com.

I recall some waterparks featuring similar "fun"nels.

This video could have been made so much better.
    Last edited by Jimaz; April-23-16 at 11:10 PM.

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast