Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun Videos

Default The Guide To Trading Candy

Everything you need to know to get ahead in candy trading. Everything.

Default Regional Roots - History of Detroit

I haven't seen this video here before. Total duration 26 minutes:

7:55: The population of Detroit shot up over 300% between 1910 and 1930.
    Bing appears briefly at the beginning of Part 2/2 and again later in that segment.
    Last edited by Jimaz; October-28-12 at 10:38 PM.

Henri Le Chat Noir comments on Halloween:

http://youtu.be/R_fUsssnHPw

Default YouTube Challenge - I Told My Kid I Ate All Their Halloween Candy Again

Default The Gods Must be Crazy

Total duration 109 minutes:
    "Kalahari bushman Xi [[played by genuine bushman N!xau) is as surprised as the rest of his tribe when a Coke bottle, thrown from a passing plane, lands in the middle of their village. This "gift from the gods" proves to be a mixed blessing when the tribesmen fight over it and eventually use it for a weapon. To keep peace in the village, Xi is assigned to take the bottle to "the end of the earth" [[actually a lush valley) and throw it back to the gods. Meanwhile, back in urbanized South Africa, Kate Thompson [[Sandra Prinsloo) leaves her office job in the city to take a job teaching Kalahari children; once in the wilderness, she finds herself constantly bumping into clumsy microbiologist Andrew Steyn [[Marius Weyers). And meanwhile, maniacal Sam Boga [[Louw Verwey) is leading a military coup against the government.
    Does the noise in my head bother you?
    Some say this film offends. For that I apologize but I confess loving the cultural incongruities it reveals. From these we all learn.

Default Julie and the Deathly Surgeon [[Original)

This is a video I took of my wife AFTER she had her wisdom teeth removed.
    This is how weird we all are exiting anesthesia. It's interesting how her pulse beep changes throughout the ordeal.

Default Terrifying Haunted Elevator Prank

Very well planned, timed and executed. It plays on our assumption that no one can enter an elevator except through the open doors. Unless ... they're a ghost! Yikes!

Default The Augmented Reality TARDIS: It's Bigger On The Inside

Default Trippy Animation courtesy of Anthony Francisco Schepperd

Default Dog rescue: How an iPhone saved the lives of five dogs [[please share)

This video is so important because of the cool new trick I came up with while sitting with Rosie under a truck for more than an hour. Please share it with everybody you know... it can help save the lives of so many.

Always remember to be VERY CAREFUL when approaching puppies - especially when you don't know how the mom would behave. It can be dangerous.

Smart people do good things.

Default True Facts About The Tarsier

.... Tarsier [[Tarsius Syrichta), worlds smallest primate in the wild.... Model for Spielberg's E.T. and Yoda....

Default Piers Morgan: The Luxury Life of Dubai & A Luxury Tour Of Dubai

Total duration 46 minutes.
    Attachment 18048Piers Morgan: The Luxury Life of Dubai & A Luxury Tour Of Dubai
    Let's face it. For the ordinary Brits living here, as long as you toe the line, life's pretty good. For the investor though, even ultra affluent Dubai is fragile. It doesn't manufacture anything of value, oil now accounts for just 6% of its income.
    The Accidental Sea

Default Archimedes' Secret [[BBC Documentary)

Total duration 48 minutes:
    Attachment 18477Archimedes' Secret [[BBC Documentary)
    This is the story of a book that could have changed the history of the World. To the untrained eye, it is nothing more than a small and unassuming Byzantine prayer book, yet it sold at Christies for over $2M. For faintly visible beneath the prayers on its pages are other, unique, writings - words that have been lost for nearly two thousand years.

The text is the only record of work by one of the world's greatest minds - the ancient Greek, Archimedes - a mathematical genius centuries ahead of his time. Hidden for a millennium in a middle eastern library, it has been written over, broken up, painted on, cut up and re-glued. But in the nick of time scientists have saved the precious, fragile document, and for the first time it is revealing just how revolutionary Archimedes' ideas were. If it had been available to scholars during the Renaissance, we might have reached the Moon over a hundred years ago.

The trail begins in the tenth century, when a scribe made a unique copy of the most important mathematics that Archimedes ever developed. For 200 years the document survived, but the mathematics in it was so complex that no one paid it any attention. So when one day a monk was looking for some new parchment - an expensive commodity at the time - to write a new prayer book, the answer seemed obvious. He used the Archimedes manuscript. He washed the Greek text off the pages, cut them in half, rebound them, and turned the Archimedes manuscript into an everyday prayer book. As he piously wrote out his prayers, he had no idea of the genius he was obliterating.

Several hundred years later, the Renaissance was under way. Scientists were beginning to grapple with new concepts, working out how mathematics could be used to explain the World around them. Little did they know that many of the problems they were just encountering Archimedes had already solved more than a thousand years before. So, tragically, they had to do that research all over again, setting back the development of science and technology immeasurably.

Then in 1906, in Constantinople, the document mysteriously turned up in a monastic library. An opportunistic scholar called Johan Ludwig Heiberg identified the text as Archimedes' writings. Although the Greek text was very faint, Heiberg was able to decipher some of it. What he found astonished him, and made the front page of the New York Times. He revealed that Archimedes' manuscript contained something called 'The Method', which showed not only Archimedes' final proofs, but for the first time revealed the process of how he went about making his discoveries.
    Last edited by Jimaz; March-04-13 at 12:39 AM.

Default Space Glider - FPV to Space and Back!

This is my attempt to send a radio controlled airplane to the edge of space using a weather balloon, and then via a live video feed pilot it back down again.

Default Jay Shells Drops "Rap Quotes," His Most Site-Specific Street Art Project Yet

Artist Posts Street Signs At Places Referenced In Famous Rap Lyrics

Featured songs:
    Genius & GZA Chef Raekwon & Ghostface Killah & U-God - Investigative Reports
    Big Daddy Kane - Stop Shammin'
    Big L - Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous
    Jeru The Damaja - You Can't Stop The Prophet
    Mos Def - Mathematics
    M.O.P. - Brownsville
    Kool G Rap - For Da Brothaz
    Heavy D - Get Fresh Hev
    Mobb Deep - Give Up The Goods [[Just Step)
    Showbiz & A.G. - Next Level
    Jay-Z - Where I'm From
    Cam Ron & Jim Jones Feat. Master P - Bout It, Bout It...

It's like a People's Historical Marker project. I could see this evolving into other things with Geocaching tours and audio chips embedded in the signs that play the song whenever someone approaches.

Could/Should/Has this been done in Detroit for Motown?

Default The Cell Phone | INVENTORS | PBS Digital Studios

Forty years ago this month, Martin Cooper placed the first ever cell phone call. In this video he looks back on his invention and explains that cell phones have a long way to go before they reach their potential.

'Inventors' is a series of portrait videos by filmmaker and photographer David Friedman, chronicling the work of contemporary inventors from all walks of life. It offers rare glimpses into the inspiration for their creations, which range from the first digital camera and first video game console to a drive-able amphibious ice-fishing vehicle.
    The original abstract theory assumed one omnidirectional antenna at the center of each cell. That idea morphed into three directional antennas sharing towers positioned at the intersection of three cells — a simple 67% reduction in tower and real estate costs. This is why, to this day, we see three antenna arrays per tower.

Default The power of conformity

In The Lucifer Effect: Understanding How Good People Turn Evil, Philip Zimbardo tries to explain how seemingly ordinary, average people can become involved in, or passively fail to oppose, evil acts. Zimbardo is the researcher who designed the [[in)famous 1971 Stanford prison experiment, in which students were randomly assigned as "prisoners" or "guards" for an experiment on how prison affects human behavior. The experiment, meant to last two weeks, had to be called off after 6 days because of the extreme negative effects on, and brutality emerging among, the participants. Zimbardo's study, as well as others such as Milgram's obedience experiment, highlighted the role of conformity to social norms and obedience to apparent authority figures in leading people to engage in actions that would seem to be so ethically unacceptable that any decent person would refuse.

Candid Camera clip from 1962 that illustrates the power of conformity
    Allen Funt had an enviable job.

Default Orchestra Hidden Camera Prank

Default The Backwater Gospel DISTURBINGLY AWESOME Animated movie. Feat.in Sketchozine.com Vol

As long as anyone can remember, the coming of The Undertaker has meant the coming of death. Until one day the grim promise fails and tension builds as the God fearing townsfolk of Backwater wait for someone to die....
    Nice graphics and audio. Go full screen.

Default Ken Uston - "Breaking Vegas: Black Jack Man"

"Breaking Vegas: Blackjack Man" on the life story of legendary blackjack player Ken Uston

Jimaz, That dog vid brought me to tears.

Default Dear Mother

I realize birthdays are a tradition and that tradition dictates that one should celebrate their existence on the day on which they were born every year. However for me, my life has always been about what I can do for those around me. So for the last two and half years I've been saving my money, hoping to do right by a very special woman in my life. I know a lot of my friends wanted me to go out, to celebrate, but this for me is far greater than any gift/party I can hope for.

At any rate I'll stop there before I become FOREVER CHEESY bro. Here is how my birthday went down.

I haven't checked in for a while now because things progressed so fast. I just wanted to say that I am by no means a perfect son, for a long period I neglected my mother's needs, I ignored her calls and brushed her off until I needed something. I lived outside of her home because I wanted my own place, my space. Just before I started putting money aside my Father passed away, it had a great effect on me because of the kind of person he was. I decided to make a change, value the only parent I had left. I made what little changes I could day to day to make him proud, but her most of all. And over time who I am changed, what I did for my mother can't even amount to 1/10 of what she's done for me, I can't even say that you can compare the two. That being said, seeing her smile, seeing her shoulders drop, her breathe a sigh a relief made everything worth it. I don't expect everyone to understand but I just wanted to share that, to see what a small gesture can do for those closest to us. This is my last post here, God bless you all, stay positive and stay blessed. PCE
    Happy Mother's Day.

Cat OPENS five doors to get outside! Let me out!! MEOW!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=nLR9HDHInGM

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 23 ... LastLast