Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Anyone know of a good place for Sunday brunch in the city?

I wanna try somewhere new. I live downtown, gotta keep it 313. I appreciate any suggestions!

Don't know if you've done Russel Street Deli [[probably have), but that is definitely on my short list.

Russell Street Deli is closed on Sundays.

Oops, missed the Sunday part.

At this time, I'd call a Coney Dog breakfast or Frühstück.....

La Dolce Vita [[LDV) on Woodward just north of McNichols [[6 Mile). Awesome brunch food and unlimited mimosas/bloody mary's starting at noon. Once a month they have a pajama brunch where everyone shows up in PJ's. Though without reservations you might be at the bar [[which is just as fun). http://www.ldvrestaurant.net/

Foran's Grand Trunk Pub [[best!)
    Woodbridge Pub
    Cliff Bell's
    La Dolce Vita

Quote Originally Posted by belleislerunner View Post
    La Dolce Vita [[LDV) on Woodward just north of McNichols [[6 Mile). Awesome brunch food and unlimited mimosas/bloody mary's starting at noon. Once a month they have a pajama brunch where everyone shows up in PJ's. Though without reservations you might be at the bar [[which is just as fun). http://www.ldvrestaurant.net/
    I was checking that place out in Google maps and the green painted building didnt match the picture of the beige brick exterior in Detroit metromix. Which is which? It looks like a nice place, I would do brunch there.

LDV is amazing. Very good food, very lovely place.

Woodbridge has a fine Bloody Mary and good food.

Try 1917 American Bistro in the Avenue of Fashion [[Livernois and Outer Drive). It's on the edge of the city, but still 313. Nice vibe and [[I think) a jazz brunch once it's warm outside.

Do you know if you can do the brunch on the roof at the 1917? [[a bit later in the spring, I think.). On a nice day I think that would be great.

And it's not the place if you're all about the food, but Brunch with Bach at the DIA can be fun if you want to hear whoever's playing. I like just sitting in Kresge court, so with a little food and music I'm pretty happy.

Quote Originally Posted by mwilbert View Post
    Do you know if you can do the brunch on the roof at the 1917? [[a bit later in the spring, I think.). On a nice day I think that would be great.
    I will check. Yes, I think that would be nice. Glad to see a thriving restaurant in that neighborhood. The locals seem to patronize it quite a bit and the food is good. Hope they'll consider a second location in Midtown or Downtown someday.

Glad to see a thriving restaurant in that neighborhood.
    I'm with you on that. Livernois north of McNichols wasn't much of an area for restaurants even 40 years ago. The only interesting place I can remember was Ann Sayles Tea Room, which I never went to but at least sounds good.

Atlas Global Bistro on Woodward and Charlotte. Most brunch prices under $12. Go for the quality, not the quantity. Presentation assured. Good crowd, four blocks north of the Fox.

How about Sinbads. Decent brunch, great view.

Good Girls Go To Paris if you like crepes.

mudgie's has sunday brunch!

there is also this: http://detroitbrunch.com/

and the bronx.

I will second Foran's/Grand Trunk. They have a good menu and a great crowd for Sunday brunch.

Jacobys is my favorite.

That Irish place on Mack and 375....MacDonalds

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    I was checking that place out in Google maps and the green painted building didnt match the picture of the beige brick exterior in Detroit metromix. Which is which? It looks like a nice place, I would do brunch there.
    cunuck, They painted LDV last Fall. The green building is now multiple shades of earth tones. Nice job actualy. They gave each of the three buildings that make up the restaurant its own color scheme but they blend well together.

Default Thanks for all the suggestions

Took a friend to the Majestic today. Gonna check out some of those other places, too. Great brunch!

Excellent choices. I eat at Foran's all the time. Great Sunday brunch.

second jacoby's.
    heard really good things about 1917 bistro.
    LDV is famous for their brunch.
    clique on jefferson at 375 is great.
    there's always big boy by the belle isle bridge!
    my personal favorite is honest johns up in the cass corridor.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast