Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

DetroitDad Guest

Default Kunstlercast Talks Detroit & Flint

Episode #64: Contracting Cities & Urban Chickens

They talk about Flint's contraction plan and urban gardening in Detroit. I think this is an interesting episode. There will also be a episode just on Detroit coming soon [[I and other DetroitYES forumers did a call in for that one, but am not sure if what will be used after editing).

"The center of Detroit needs to be redensified on a smaller scale."

-James Howard Kunstler
    http://www.kunstlercast.com/

[[Click episode #64 in the player).
    Last edited by DetroitDad; May-16-09 at 09:17 PM.

When Mr. Obama is done leading the nation, he should run for mayor or Detroit. Likewise, James Howard Kunstler should move here and become City Council President.

DetroitDad Guest

I would rather see James Howard Kunstler or Duncan as head of the DEGC.

I like this thought experiment. Obama as mayor, Kunstler running the DEGC, and who heads council?

Once we have the fantasy line-up -- who lives here who can stand in for these people?

DetroitDad Guest

This week was all Detroit. Episode #65 took a interactive virtual tour of Detroit. This really didn't live up to my expectations. Do you guys agree that the Riverwalk is an area devoid of life and people? I have found it one of the most utilized areas of the city. There are always couples walking, men fishing, dog walking, people working or on lunch, and kids playingin along the river, despite the poor design of Joe Louis Arena and the Renaissance Center.

He is a journalist. He is writing to sell books. Be careful of who leads you.

DetroitDad Guest

Generally I think he says what a lot of us already think, nothing ground breaking or revolutionary. Sometimes he is also way off. A friend mentioned recently that he seems to have a view that is very "East coast", in that he doesn't always seem to acknowledge other peoples views as having much value.