Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Curbed covers FLW Usonian in Palmer Woods

LodgeDodger Guest

Those guys have a special place in my heart for restoring that home.

As a person who saw it before they bought it, I must say they've done an excellent job.

love that house, it looks incredible... those pics in the article are older.. wonder if they have any more recent.....

that house is one of the best of Detroit......

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    Those guys have a special place in my heart for restoring that home.
    Absolutely. Never met them but they are special to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    As a person who saw it before they bought it, I must say they've done an excellent job.
    I was in the house a few times on AIA House Tours and neighborhood walks. The last time was quite a few years ago. It was vacant and in pretty rough shape. I can't say how happy I am someone stood up and took it on. And these aren't wealthy people, though I understand they've received a fair amount of assistance in their project. As well they should. Here's a situation where someone like our resident 'preservationist', Mike Illitch, or other extremely rich citizens could be doing something inspiring for 'their' city. Think of some of the buildings that may have been spared if there'd been a concerted effort. Maybe just one here and one there. What a difference.

The owners have a special place in preservation heaven. Not only for restoring that house, but for all of the other ways they have shown community support in the past. Salute!