Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Don't Have Your Rent???? Say Hello To My Little Friend!

I wonder what they did?

AK-47 is the tool.[[sound of gunfire) Don't make me act a motherf*ckin' fool.

Wow. So if your mother doesn't pay the rent then you might get a gunshot to the leg area. Amazing.... and I'm not talking grace.

That is some mighty fine reporting there!
    <<<"She called a cab to come pick up she and her two sons.">>>
    AK's ringing' out, people shot, and a reporter who is illiterate.

DetroitPole Guest

Midtown really is a happening place. You never know what will happen to you.

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    AK-47 is the tool.[[sound of gunfire) Don't make me act a motherf*ckin' fool.
    Crackin' me up R8RBOB...

Quote Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
    That is some mighty fine reporting there!
    <<<"She called a cab to come pick up she and her two sons.">>>
    AK's ringing' out, people shot, and a reporter who is illiterate.

The online mistakes from both the Freep and Detroit News are getting ridiculous. I just read a story that referenced something happening in 2008 as taking place three weeks ago instead of three years.
    It seems like I see two or three of these type of mistakes every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Crackin' me up R8RBOB...
    After reading that, I had to listen to Straight Outta Compton. That was one of Ice Cube's greatest lines in a rap.

I didn't havta use my AK, today was a good day.

Ice Cube

DetroitDad Guest

Things have been getting even thicker in Midtown. Thefts and burglaries appear to be up, and this story comes only a month after the stabbing at Cathedral Tower.

"According to Freep, the 44-year-old is in police custody at a local hospital, where he is listed in temporary serious condition." So where's the 31 year old that started it?

Why bother serving the eviction notice, Grab the AK.

Looks like the landlord was getting high watching Boyz in the Hood and saw how Monster mowed down Ferris and his crew with a AK and got hyped.

Quote Originally Posted by RaumVogel View Post
    "According to Freep, the 44-year-old is in police custody at a local hospital, where he is listed in temporary serious condition." So where's the 31 year old that started it?
    You should re-read the article, he pulled the knife out of himself and killed the 31 year old with it.

It appears that the site -- which is wxyz.com, not the Freep or News -- corrected it to this, which is still awkward: "She called a cab to come pick up her and her two sons."

You do realize that this was written by a Channel 7 "producer," not a "reporter" per se?

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitDad View Post
    Things have been getting even thicker in Midtown. Thefts and burglaries appear to be up, and this story comes only a month after the stabbing at Cathedral Tower.
    Well, DetroitDad....things are usually pretty civilized in Midtown, but,
    like in any major city, there are 'outside' elements which trickle into the
    mostly everyday neighborhoods. Detroit is no exception. But as the young lady
    stated in the coverage, not very often do these incidents occur. However, the
    fair weather does bring out the vermin, as usually only the hardened or desperate
    choose to face the elements. So residents and visitors beware.....watch out
    for muggers, keep your possessions at home, not left in your car, keep your keys in your hand on your way to your door [[this all sounds so ridiculous doesn't it?)
    ....and just all around vigilance for your personal safety. It IS sad, to have to
    worry about the normal, everyday problems we all encounter to survive in these
    hard times...but to also have to keep in mind the scumbags too lazy to make it
    the legitimate route. Watch out, not just in Midtown, but everywhere. These are
    hard, desperate times we live in. Let's survive shall we.