Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Attempts to Strip NO!bama of Nobel.

Plans are afoot to strip NO!bama of the Nobel he was falsely [[speculatively?)awarded? What do you think? He should've never been awarded a Nobel, in my opinion.

Who's behind the plan to take it away?

By whom? sounds like a lot of BS. must be the republicans.

and no, i don'tthink he deserved it

Maybe this is the story: Bolivian president says Obama should lose Nobel Peace Prize over Libya. It's from today.

I don't think he ever wanted it in the first place.

Doesn't sound very feasible.

"A prize has never been taken back. Once somebody has accepted a prize it is impossible to withdraw it," said Jonna Petterson, spokeswoman at the Nobel Foundation, the body which finances the Nobel prizes.
    "It has never happened and will most likely never happen in the future either. It [[the award) is final once it has been accepted."

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Who's behind the plan to take it away?
    Calls for return of Obama's Nobel | Politico 44

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Then why did he show up and accept it with his "aw shucks, I really don't deserve it" routine? He could have declined it outright instead of tacitly buying into their intended slap at former President Geo. W. Bush. Better yet, he could have humbly demurred and accepted it instead on behalf of the US Military as their Commander in Chief.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    By whom? sounds like a lot of BS. must be the republicans.

and no, i don'tthink he deserved it
    Of course it's the republicrats. But they ain't the first in line. The republicrats would take anything away from NO!bama that they possibly could - except BLAME. But there's plenty of that NO!bama deserves.
    Last edited by 1KielsonDrive; March-23-11 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Maybe this is the story: Bolivian president says Obama should lose Nobel Peace Prize over Libya. It's from today.

Then why'd he accept it? Speculation please.

The Bolivian president is good buddies with Venezuela's president Chavez....who's been squealing like a pig over the Libyan No Fly Zone issue.... so should we be surprised at anything that the Bolivian president says?? Hardly....

Mikeg.... that "slap" that G. Bush got was WELL DESERVED!!! He took the goodwill that America had from the rest of the world after 9/11 and totally SQUANDERED it....

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    Then why'd he accept it? Speculation please.
    To project an air of magnanimity? It seems his style and an appropriate occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Mikeg.... that "slap" that G. Bush got was WELL DESERVED!!! He took the goodwill that America had from the rest of the world after 9/11 and totally SQUANDERED it....
    What did Geo. W. Bush's actions have to do with Obama? That may be the opinion of many including yourself but that was no reason for the Nobel committee to devalue the supposedly prestigious Nobel Peace Prize by using it to score cheap political points against a former world leader.

Just because Mr. Obama has dropped more bombs than all other Noble Peace Prize winners combined ... and you guys complain. Jeeze, what's a guy to do?

From the article I linked above:
    Morales, who has had a rocky relationship with the United States, was just one of a handful of leftist Latin American leaders to criticize the president over the United States' actions in Libya. Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, Nicaraguan President Daniel Ortega and Cuban leader Fidel Castro have made similar statements.
    Isn't it interesting that the radical U.S. right is siding with these particular guys against Obama.

Birds of a feather! LOL!

Seriously though this is a great illustration of how different perspectives, without an awareness of perspective, can end up positioning surprised opponents on the same side.

Very interesting.

President Obama is great. All these ignorant morons can go to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    Based on what? He hadn't earned a Nobel peace prize based on his record as a Senator who always funded every Bush request to fund the iraq war. He certainly hasn't earned it as President either by expanding the mid east wars into Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, and now senselessly into Libya.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeg View Post
    What did Geo. W. Bush's actions have to do with Obama? That may be the opinion of many including yourself but that was no reason for the Nobel committee to devalue the supposedly prestigious Nobel Peace Prize by using it to score cheap political points against a former world leader.
    Mikeg... I will agree with your point that Obama DID NOTHING to deserve it.

Poor guy steps into the middle of a gang fight to try and make peace and both sides tear him to shreds. Damed if you do, damed if you don't.

There's a Nobel on Henry Kissinger's mantle; dripping with blood, nobody suggested taking it away. He's keeping it, so will Obama. It doesn't mean anything anymore, too bad but it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    ????????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by RaumVogel View Post
    Poor guy steps into the middle of a gang fight to try and make peace and both sides tear him to shreds. Damed if you do, damed if you don't.
    What exactly is the 'gang fight' to which you refer?

Quote Originally Posted by oldredfordette View Post
    There's a Nobel on Henry Kissinger's mantle; dripping with blood, nobody suggested taking it away. He's keeping it, so will Obama. It doesn't mean anything anymore, too bad but it's true.
    Thanks OR. I was going to bring Kissinger up. You are correct - "it doesn't mean anything anymore, too bad but it's true"

The Nobel has become like that award, I think it's called 'The Presidential Medal of Honor', the one Obama recently awarded to Bush Senior. It's just another way for politicians to feather their own nests, blow smoke up each others YKW's, appear to be bi-partisan, BS the public, etc, etc.

his history hasnt even been written.. he might one day deserve it .. but I think it was symbolic and more for America waking up to the potential of all it;s citizens..

Quote Originally Posted by gibran View Post
    his history hasnt even been written.. he might one day deserve it .. but I think it was symbolic and more for America waking up to the potential of all it;s citizens..
    Correct. But he'll have to make a major turnaround to have history label him anything other than a seat warmer for another republicrat/demican [[one and the same). Nobel's weren't originally intended to be bestowed for symbolic achievements. The symbolism in this one is that you can talk the talk and forget the walk. Exactly what NO!bama's done so far. "Change You Can ------What??"

Quote Originally Posted by gibran View Post
    According to Nobel's will, the Peace Prize shall be awarded to the person who

“ ...shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses"
    -wikipedia

From that description:
    1. it is awarded to a person, not a people
    2. who has [[ past tense) "done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast