Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Detroit memorabilia collection [[and more) sale, Thurs-Sun, March 24-27

Pieces of the past: Marguerite Hague's huge collection of memorabilia will go on sale

A good bit of old Detroit rests quietly in the Bloomfield Township home of Marguerite Hague.

It's sad, in a way. For years, Hague collected unique items from old building in Detroit that were being demolished. There is a pair of chubby angels over a living room door. They came from the old Children's Hospital. Wooden filing boxes from long-forgotten businesses are built into the kitchen walls.

There's even a huge upside church pulpit now serving as a flower planter in the den. ...

Her vast collection of objects that once had their specific place in the home are now being gathered on tabletops and in corners, set to go on sale at what may be one of the largest estate sales in Michigan.

It will be held 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday through Sunday, March 24-27, at the home at 58 Manor Drive, right behind the Mercedes Benz dealership on Woodward.

It is expected to draw thousands, said Michael Hartt, of Hartt Antiques Gallery, which is conducting the sale. “We received a record number of inquiries,” Hartt said.

Full Article at: http://www.hometownlife.com/article/...sey=nav%7Chead

Hartt Antiques Gallery webpage for this sale:
    http://harttantiquesgallery.com/brushpark.html

NOTE: $5 cover charge for the benefit of the Detroit Historical Society and Preservation Wayne. The $5 can be deducted from purchases over $25.

I'd be interested in hearing if anyone went today or is planning to go. I'll be there Saturday morning working to help out Preservation Wayne. Hoping to find a "find" or two as well!!!

Was unable to get to the page for this sale...said 404 error. Going to the Hartt Antiques site did not show this sale, either.

The Hometown Life Newspaper article link still works.

I see that the Hartt Antiques Gallery website lists the sale on their Upcoming page, but the link is broken. They're probably too busy to address the issue, but I will mention it to them if I get a chance when I'm there later today or first thing Saturday morning.