Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Any news on Mercury Bar?

I drive by there several times a week and noticed recently that the "for rent" signs that used to be in the window are now gone. Has anyone heard any news about it reopening in some form?

Last I heard it was supposed to be re-opening as the Mercury Burger Bar, but I have no idea what the time frame on that was.

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    I drive by there several times a week and noticed recently that the "for rent" signs that used to be in the window are now gone. Has anyone heard any news about it reopening in some form?
    I heard it will open early this summer as the Mercury Burger Bar. It’s supposed to be a gourmet burger restaurant and bar. The two owners are in Sloe’s all the time.

Name:  IMG_0674.jpg
Views: 2385
Size:  51.7 KB

These are new!

Since my Mom goes to Eastern Market about twice a month, Maybe I'll go with her on Saturday and stop and get a burger and a beer.After all the money and hype put into this corner I am glad it's going to reopen.

It would at least get overflow customers from Slow's who are not into the 1:45 hour wait times.

There's a patio looking almost ready to go! http://detroit.curbed.com/archives/2...patio.php#more

Parked in the community parking lot fully expecting it to be open as the neon lights were burning and all the signage was up and lights were on inside only to find the finishing touches were being added. No opening date announced just yet. Peered in and gave the worker a thumbs up. CANNOT WAIT until they open my mouth is watering.

Cool to see this place restored...

Drove past it tonight. The paper that covered the windows on the inside are down and lights were on. I thought it was open for a moment.

Yeah, drove by the other day, looked open but still had paper on door.

Stromberg2

SteveJ Guest

I guess it opened this past Monday. Just wondering if anyone ate there. I'm planning on going later this week.

My wife and I went to the soft opening Saturday night and where very impressed. I had the juicy burger stuffed with blue cheese and garlic fry's and both where excellent. My wife had the standard burger and a salad which was great as well.

The people at the bar next to us had an order of the onion rings that looked very good, I have not stopped thinking of them since.

The patio and lower level was very well done as well. I think these guys have a winner.

My fiance and I went on Sunday during the parade. We both had the standard burger, which was very good. We also had the fries and tater tots which were both filled with salty goodness. We'll definitely be going there again.

Glad to hear it's a winner so far! I'll have to stop in soon.

Definite winner.

The service was pretty good too. They didn't have carry out and it was cash only for that day, but I'm sure that'll change. Plus, it was full of drunkies from the parade so it was even more impressive that they got our food out so quickly. The downstairs was closed when we got there at about 4PM[[bummer) so I'll have to check that out at another time.