Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default London Olympics. The Brits are completely nuts.

This week tickets went on sale for the 2012 Olympics in London. Thinking of going there? First read the terms of what you can NOT bring into the venues.

Here.

"food, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, liquids in containers of greater than 100ml in size, umbrellas, horns, whistles, drums, rattles, musical instruments, or any other devices that in the opinion of Locog may disturb a Session [[including mobile telephones), flasks, thermoses and in general any material that Locog may deem dangerous or that may cause damage or disruption to a Session."

Wait. Did I read that corectly?? Mobile phones???

Phones can be used to trigger bombs. Plus I am glad for a phone free venue. I am so fucking tired of going somewhere and everywhere has their faces buried in their phone. Worse still are the assholes as concerts who hold their phones up for 5 minutes at a time. When the band wants it dark these shitidiots keep it well lit with their back display meitting light 3 feet away.

For once a place without a phone accessible would be great!