Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default What's burning in downtown Detroit??

I'm here at work in Windsor's west-end, and there's a long column of smoke coming from, what my point-of-view says might be in the area of Gratiot/Fisher fwy, but I think it's much closer to the core then that.

Anyone know?

DC48080 Guest

It is a large warehouse at French Road and Gratiot. It has been burning for several hours now according to Fox2 news.

Thanks DC48080. I just found a story on it as well. That wasn't a bad guesstimation on my part!

On a side note, here's the link to the story I found.

http://fwix.com/detroit/share/340479...ight_difficult

Can someone look at the photo a please tell me another DFD truck isn't parked on a railway crossing that has it's signals flashing at crossing gates lowered?

Buy American Guest

Doesn't look like it to me.

Yeah you're right, BA. The crossing itself is on the right of the photo cutting across on an angle, the gates on the left. I think the angle of the road/ROW messed me up.

Thanks!

It's a 3 alarm chemical fire coming from the recycling plant on the corner of Gratiot and French Rd. The building is a total loss.